Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Anybody ever had a noise coming from the gbox/clutch that sounds like jsut a light ticking and know what is making the sound?
It gets louder/faster as I speed up
0 likes
Sounds more like your injectors
0 likes
Its resonably loud sitting in the cabin though. Do injectors make that noise when on their way out?
0 likes
Hi all, thanks in advance to any replies.
I also have something similar to the OP.
Rebuilt engine/ recon MX7/ new clutch.
When driving and clutch is out, a ticking noise (like injector)
is heard. More louder when passing cars/ shop fronts and higher raised gutters. (it happens about 90% of the time)
When I purchased a changeover box,
I think (Im not too mechanically minded) the pivot ball had to swapped from my old one to the change over because the clutch was not grabbing. Also my shifter was used in the new one because of the recon had a bush in it that was smaller and there was so much free play.
The mechanic said that when the car is raised, he can see the thrust bearing is hitting the pressure plate at times.
The gearbox is coming out, because Extreme would like to diagnose the clutch/ plate .......so on this week.
Any advice is appreciated, cheers
0 likes
---------- Post added 30-10-13 at 21:21 ----------
All sorted.
It was oil getting onto the pressure plate causing shudder
Which got onto there possibly from a loose internal gearbox seal
And the thrust bearing supposedly was faulty causing the ticking
Anyhow extreme replaced all parts after testing . Free labour.
However time will tell If it is a seal.
Seems fine now
0 likes
So you found the thrust bearing to be causing the ticking sound? I jsut got my car all fixed and need to fix this noise. Im realllllly annoyed I have to take the gearbox off again.
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinodore
[View Post]
So you found the thrust bearing to be causing the ticking sound? I jsut got my car all fixed and need to fix this noise. Im realllllly annoyed I have to take the gearbox off again.
Gearbox out twice, was frustrating.
Extreme were quick to replace and deliver (good service).
The thrust bearing problem was probably one in a billion fault.
What the mechanic saw was the thrust rattling at times.
SO check to see if thats the case without ripping the gearbox out,
Cheers
David
0 likes