Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
VL RB30E won't start? It was running fine for a while, gave the engine a wash and then it soon ran like crap! Until a few days ago when it decided to not start at all! I know it was a big mistake giving the engine a wash but what do I do now? All the dizzy leads are fine and the dizzy cap it dried out! HEELLLLPPP
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
NEVER WASH A VL MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dizzy, leads and spark plugs holes dry it with a hair drier and wait a few days it will get better mate ive seen this all too many time bud
0 likes
Never wash any motor unless it's in pieces
0 likes
A crap! What should I dry out? It's been sitting for 6 months since it was washed :/ thanks @the747 & BigM22
0 likes
1. search this forum for "washed" "water in"
2. Write a list from all the information you find
3. Get to work fixing your problem.
Or read this and carry out the instructions.
http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=48026
good luck.
---------- Post added 11-10-13 at 12:15 ----------
I hose the **** out of mine. But I alway cover the rocker cover/injectors, Afm/air intake and leads/dizzy in two plastic bags tied tight. Obviously fuse cover is on box.
I use a garden hose ( low pressure - hint hint) and degreaser.
Should not have a problem. Iv done it plenty of times.
Old floor mats come in handy
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Dry the head where the spark plugs are and the dizzy cap, like inside tge cap and rotor button with a hair dryer and spray wd40 in the spark plug ports and inside both lead ends, I had a retard mate that did the same on his exec.. No offence bud
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Just put a plastic bag over the dizzy, it leaks at the plug.
CT18 truck wash is the best detergent, dilute it in a spray bottle.
0 likes
Last time my mate washed his engine while it was running. Sheesh. But yeah, never wash the engine bay unless it's appart, ha. But for now, hairdry the shizzle out of it.
0 likes