Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

No pedal!!

Started by NinoVlt · 30 Sept 2013 · 5 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

NinoVltArchived member
Just installed vt brakes on my vlt. Replaced the 1" master cylinder with a brand new one. Bleed the brakes and I still have no pedal. Any suggestions??? Cheers
0 likes
CYNICLArchived member
Does it go straight to the floor with absolutely no pressure or is it like a really soft sponge? And does is change much with the car on/off?
0 likes
ss nutArchived member
Can you pump it up so it goes hard without the engine running? Cheers Marty
0 likes
NinoVltArchived member
It's just really soft and I don't think it even applys the brakes. I havnt had it running yet it will be tomorrow. Maybes that's the reason...??
0 likes
CYNICLArchived member
Sounds kind of like air in the lines to me, pump the pedal, start the car and let it run for awhile and it should feel a bit softer with the booster on but you may find it works a bit better but if it still doesn't improve definitely try re bleeding it again. Gotta be patient with bleeds... I was on my passenger front wheel alone for like 45 minutes getting air out...
0 likes
NinoVltArchived member
I'll give it a go tonight. Cheers mate
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today91

7,519 threads, 49,751 posts and 725 images saved from CT

22.0% of indexed threads saved