Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Problem with brakes

Started by CYNICL · 25 Sept 2013 · 1 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

CYNICLArchived member
I was bleeding my brakes today (First time I've ever done it) it was going well and the pedal was beginning to feel much nicer but then when I got onto the 3rd wheel (Front passenger) the pedal began to feel really soft, I bled that wheel and went back to the previous wheel to make sure it was ok and it seemed fine, then moved onto the driver front wheel and did that but basically what happens now is: Very soft pedal, brakes sometimes work and sometimes don't (Pumping doesn't seem to change it) Turn car on, pedal gets even softer, turn car off after some pumping and it goes from soft to slightly firm when I turn it off but after awhile it goes soft again. I don't see any leaks, has air gotten in? Should I start all over again? Not sure what to do. ---------- Post added 26-09-13 at 12:52 ---------- Just did a small test and with the car on I still have NO BRAKES. I will try bleeding again when I can find someone to push the pedal later. I am thinking it is just air in the system?
0 likes
CYNICLArchived member
FIXED IT. Just had to do a re-bleed, took a lot longer this time.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 3 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today91

7,519 threads, 49,751 posts and 725 images saved from CT

22.0% of indexed threads saved