Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Converting 308 VL to manual.

Started by gasguzler · 23 Sept 2013 · 6 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

gasguzlerArchived member
Hey guys, have tried searching the net for this particular answer and cannot seem to find it, so am hoping someone on here will be able to help me. I am interested in converting a 308 VL to manual using a 5 speed supra gearbox, using the castlemain rod shop conversion package. What I am trying to find out is, if I use this kit, will the shifter for the supra 5 speed line up with a standard VL manual centre console?? I'm trying to go for a factory look, so shifter position is important to me. I'm hoping someone has been down this road before??
0 likes
morhiusvzArchived member
No but crs has a new shifter thing that bolts on and put it in factory location
0 likes
BoyracerArchived member
There two manual console centres, I use a six cyl one on my T5 but it popped up when changing gears so I put some cardboard between the underside clips to hold it firmer. The other console is a Walky/HDT one and could be hard to get, I don't think these would suit a Supra unless you used a leather boot like a VK.
0 likes
InjectionArchived member
You can get the walky/hdt style one from hdt.
0 likes
rubensleArchived member
I've got a full 5 speed w58 conversion for sale
0 likes
nicoArchived member
No the console doesn't, so I got an after market unit. Ground the top section back a bit. I reckon you could use a bit of plastic moulding or fibre glass a timber mould.
0 likes
SMOKEDArchived member
6 Cylinder surround should fit VN-VS T5, SV (Walkinshaw) or HDT Group A for a VL T5.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today32

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 227 images saved from CT