Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Just wondering were early VL's fitted with VK rear bars? im chasing a middle centre piece for the rear and so far 3 ive pulled off at wreckers are feckin VK items...
for those that didn't think there is a difference, well there is....different size and shape...I notice many an aftermarket company/online seller will list them as the same, well thats wrong....subtle differences but still different. I have the 2 genuine vl side pieces and im sick of pulling a whole bar off to discover the middle bit wont fit them
sorry if this topic has been covered. end of rant
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
well i'm not vertain on this but I'm 100% sure vl wagon rears are the same i thought sedan were aswell!
0 likes
Holden Part number 92019566 is listed as the centre section for the rear bar on both VK and VL sedans.
Corsa
0 likes
I thought they were the same except for the chrome strip too, there you go.
You must be having problems with the Tiawanese imports.
0 likes
What differences are there in shape?
My rear bar was farked a few ago but come to think of it, the panel beater provided a bar which is probably a VK one.
Does it read VK on the inside next to the GM writing and part numbers?
0 likes
i had trouble lining up taiwanese parts with gm parts maybe this is the issue?
0 likes
ok so turns out the 2 side pieces I had were the wrong part then and not the centre piece.
the part no. for left part side piece is 92018682..where it should be 92018680 for vl
problem solved!
0 likes