Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

HSV Y Series Senator

Started by MUS · 13 Aug 2013 · 41 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

MUSArchived member
Sorry if any one is interested, no longer want to keep a thread dedicated to my car. [IMG] [/IMG] Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
TRELL4Archived member
Verry nice senator man! VY Senators are the best HSV shape in my opinion. Looks clean as i wouldn't sell my vy senator either haha
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by TRELL4 [View Post] Verry nice senator man! VY Senators are the best HSV shape in my opinion. Looks clean as i wouldn't sell my vy senator either haha Agree'd bro! Put up a pic of yours..
0 likes
TRELL4Archived member
This is mine sorry for the crappy photo's off my iPhone haha VY Series 2 Signature in Vesper Blue Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Looks tuff in vespers! Why doesnt your beast have the signature head rests? I thought yours was a series 2, 285kw Sig?
0 likes
TRELL4Archived member
Cheers thanks man and Yep series 2 285, what do they look like? I have no idea i know my interior is different to the series 1 haha Do you mean to coulson interior? [Click image for larger version Name: image-1296691551.jpg Views: 922 Size: 44.1 KB ID: 61089] (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/attachment.php?s=0111beabc64bdea53822e145c581ef00&attachmentid=61089&d=1376918996) Like these that are in my vx Witch the series 1 sigs had but in beige leather I matched it up with the hsv site soo im not sure lol the series 2 have the ones like mine Thats my senator Y2 interior there : [Click image for larger version Name: image-3962266988.jpg Views: 329 Size: 45.7 KB ID: 61088] (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/attachment.php?s=0111beabc64bdea53822e145c581ef00&attachmentid=61088&d=1376918601)
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by TRELL4 [View Post] Cheers thanks man and Yep series 2 285, what do they look like? I have no idea i know my interior is different to the series 1 haha Do you mean to coulson interior? Attachment 61089 (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/attachment.php?s=0111beabc64bdea53822e145c581ef00&attachmentid=61089) Like these that are in my vx Witch the series 1 sigs had but in beige leather I matched it up with the hsv site soo im not sure lol the series 2 have the ones like mine Thats my senator Y2 interior there : Attachment 61088 (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/attachment.php?s=0111beabc64bdea53822e145c581ef00&attachmentid=61088) Your current seats are exactly like mine, but they should be like the vx coulsons but in shale leather. Unless only the series 1 sig has the coulsons?
0 likes
TRELL4Archived member
Yeah only the series one sig's had the coulsons the standard senators had a more standard looking seat like the calais or clubsports without the massive headrest that the coulsons have and the series 2 have the ones like mine witch are more strange and pointed like the Vz r8's have I checked it up now on the hsv site just to make sure You should post a pic of your seats im curious now haha if you do have seats like mine the coulson headrest wont fit as the seats are shaped differently but if you have standard s1 seats then it Will fit no worries Thats the standard senator series 1 seats there just more rounded off like standard seat different to the series 2 sigs's and series 1 sigs Crappy photo though thats all i could find lol [Click image for larger version Name: image-3155664407.jpg Views: 193 Size: 149.5 KB ID: 61090] (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/attachment.php?s=0111beabc64bdea53822e145c581ef00&attachmentid=61090&d=1376920468)
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Not a great pic but you get the jissed. I see the difference between mine and yours, yours a more sharp. Very similar though! Heres VZ Calais leather Different to the senator. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
TRELL4Archived member
There the ones yeah they are pretty similar haha your interior is clean! Nice If you ever want to you could try my coulson headrests in your seats to see how they look i think you need to hunt down a set would make your interior look mint
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Thanks for the offer bro, I have been on the hunt for them ever since I brought my car. I have found foams for $280ea!!! Way too much for foams in my opinion, by the time I by leather and get them trimmed it would set me back easy over 1k. Just for head rests, I dont think so lol.
0 likes
TRELL4Archived member
Yeah i know how you feel took me awhile to find a half decent set of coulsons for a decent price, people ask for ridicules amounts for them Il keep an eye out for you man
0 likes
3lturboArchived member
Weren't you selling this since you got the Jeep Mus? It's money well spent on the module for the steering wheel controls.
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by 3lturbo [View Post] Weren't you selling this since you got the Jeep Mus? It's money well spent on the module for the steering wheel controls. Yeah I was man, when it came down to the crunch and people were viewing the car and talking money I just couldn't do it. So I drive it here and there now instead of regularly.
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Started prepping the new wheels for paint.. Alot of hard work if you have a busted back! Will post pics soon.
0 likes
TRELL4Archived member
Looking awesome man! suit it nicely, just need some center caps
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Thanks bro, yeah I definitely need some new centre caps. Problem is I refuse to pay $200+ for fake crap... Non genuine caps are getting harder to find now, and genuine ones wont fit. Apparently holden is trying to stomp out all fake GM products, making them harder and dearer to find. Keeping my eyes out though.
0 likes
priceysVLArchived member
Love that first photo
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Cheers mate!
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
mus the little things ur doing def make it stand out that little bit, I like it!
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today108

10,310 threads, 73,217 posts and 905 images saved from CT

30.1% of indexed threads saved