Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Brendo's VL Turbo !

Started by Brendo! · 9 Aug 2013 · 5 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

Brendo!Archived member
Hey every one, Thought I will do a little introduction, I'm Brendan. I have always been looking around on calais turbo for many years, but due to P plate restrictions coming in, a VL didn't seem as interesting for me. I used calais turbo to get my fix of looking at Vl turbo's in the mean while. Any way I finally got off my P's and spent a couple months looking around to find a VL that caught my eye, that would be my on-going project. As it goes a couple months ago, I ended up finding a VL that caught my eye, contacted him immediately, went and checked it out, test drove it and fell in love with it. Finally a couple months later, I have gotten around to doing this thread for my car and hope to learn more about the car and show progress of how it comes along. Make / Model: Holden VL Commodore Colour: Sort of metallicy-ish red [B]Bodykit:[/B Stock Engine Type: RB30ET Engine Mods: Usual front mount and intercooler Power: Not sure but hope to get it on a dyno to see in the future before any work gets done Exhaust: 2.5 inch, one rear muffler and a hi flo cat, not to sure on dump pipe Gearbox: Think its a turbo box but unsure how can I tell? Diff: Pretty sure its a 28 spline single legger, soon to have a mini spool in place, any one know of good shops to get it installed at? Brakes: Disc Brakes all round Suspension: Pedders all around. Wheels/Tyres: There 19" G8's. Can't remember tyres Interior: Stock interior. Stereo: Just a basic head deck and 6 speakers. Immediate plans are to: - Remove rear calais badge - Fix fuel smell, suspected breather hose - Fix Power Steering slight leak, If anyone has done either of these before, could they please PM me or say here about what to watch for or any tricks/tips Also some pictures to start it off ! Also some pictures to start it off ! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Brendo!Archived member
couple of photos. ( sorry didn't work in my first post ) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Brendo!Archived member
Hope they work this time ! (http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/Brendo069/media/IMAG0368_zps586084db.jpg.html) (http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/Brendo069/media/IMAG0369_zps0dcc03aa.jpg.html) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Your VL looks nice! The only let down is the vz "calais" badge. Otherwise, respray the front bar and it will look mint I dont mean to be a prick but in the first post you wrote Quote: Engine Mods: Usual front mount and intercooler The front mount is the intercooler Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Brendo!Archived member
Thanks MUS, I wondered what the calais badge was from, its off now anyway, stuck it in some where in the garage. Yeah, front bar is on the list for sure, going to get whole new one and the little trims around top, there all broken, haha that's all good, didn't mean to put the and in there, tha'ts what you get for typing it up at 1am haha. I'm currently in process of tank out and replacing the hoses etc, while I'm at it I thought I will replace both fuel filters also. Any recommendations? Only downside is I have noticed my return line is broken, so I will have to fix that as well. If any one has done this or knows the best place I can pick up the gasket for intank pump and the fuel & return lines, let us know please. Also wondering is it worth painting the tank while its out, opinions ? ---------- Post added 17-08-13 at 10:36 ---------- Now you see it, (http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/Brendo069/media/IMAG0522_zps5e10b528.jpg.html) Now you don't. (http://s1366.photobucket.com/user/Brendo069/media/IMAG0523_zps42d94e6e.jpg.html) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
TRELL4Archived member
Looks like a good starting point! I like the color a lot The darker berlina tail lights would suit it quite nicely in my opinion and a idk about the hsv badge on the front
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 5 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today82

6,388 threads, 42,709 posts and 624 images saved from CT

18.7% of indexed threads saved