Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

Wiring help please

Started by nathandb97 · 5 Aug 2013 · 2 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

nathandb97Archived member
Hi all, I am trying to wire up a Kenwood H/U, the KDC-U449 model but am having troubles sorting out the wiring. I have looked at the first post on here but still not sure where everything goes. I cut off the plug from the back of the original H/U and was hoping to solder the wires onto this and re use the plug but when I connect it there is no power. On the plug I have the following Yellow Grey Pink Tan Lt Blue Lt green Black with white tracer. The instructions for the Kenwood unit (no problems with the speaker wiring all understood there) but the book states Red - ignition wire, Yellow - battery wire and the black I can work out. Is anyone able to help with what I am doing wrong. Nathan ---------- Post added 05-08-13 at 17:26 ---------- All sorted the yellow had to be splice with the red onto the yellow from the original H/U
0 likes
WhiteExecArchived member
The way you have connected it (yellow and red) joined together you will realise that you wont be able to store any radio stations or settings in the hu because your cutting the power off completely everytime u turn the key off
0 likes
vlct_87Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by WhiteExec [View Post] The way you have connected it (yellow and red) joined together you will realise that you wont be able to store any radio stations or settings in the hu because your cutting the power off completely everytime u turn the key off As said above u need to find + wire that is on all the time to hold the stations in witch the factory radio never had quickest way is to find the micro switch on brake peddle and use a test light to see witch one has power all the time and join to that wire
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today32

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 227 images saved from CT