Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

In the shed

Started by Aldawy · 4 Aug 2013 · 15 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

AldawyArchived member
Make / Model:Calais Colour:red / black Bodykit: not yet Engine Type: RB25DET Engine Mods:standard Power: how fast can you push Exhaust: dump pipe Gearbox: nothing yet Diff: Borg Warner Brakes: vt front / standard rear Suspension: standard Wheels/Tyres: 15 interceptors Interior: don't know yet Stereo: in boxes waiting to go in Other Mods: mini tubs Future mods: ANYTHING & EVERYTHING This is my vn Calais ,it's a extremely slow build but I'll get there one day. I've decided to change it to a vp Calais because I like it better. The car will be getting painted red over black/charcoal with new rubbers , lights & Crome strips. The interior will be custom ,so far I have a statesman dash (vr/vs), r34 gtr style seats for the front & the back will be shaped to match. The engine will be full of performance parts in & out. I'm planing on doing it manual ,but I mite change my mind. The diff will be the Borg Warner (gears, bigger axles, floater hubs, shortened) This is what else I got planned for the car: Air suspension Show wheels (20x7.5 front / 20x10.5 rear) Mini tubs Custom engine bay & under the car Vp ss bottom lips That all I'm telling for now. This is what the car looks like now, I'VE GOT A VERY LONG WAY TO GO BUT I'LL GET THERE IMG Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
AldawyArchived member
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
MUSArchived member
You didnt buy this car off a bloke in millpark did you? Looking forward to the build, exciting!
0 likes
AldawyArchived member
no because the same bloke owns it hi mus , ill give you a ring later today I wasn't shore if it was you or a different mus
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Eiiiii Slav how are ya man? Sorry I missed your call bro. What's been happening? The never ending rb25 build lol good stuff. Love this car. And you forgot to mention its kandy red!
0 likes
AldawyArchived member
Picked up a vt brake booster & master cylinder last week. Started modifying a spare bracket I had so i can mont it in the bay I'm also doing my tubs as well. A 275 tyre fits with plenty of room left, I mite be able to fit a 295 if I'm lucky I'll put some pics up when I've done a bit more work
0 likes
AldawyArchived member
these are the wheels I want to get when I get some cash together Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
AldawyArchived member
out with the old &in with the new booster all monted Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
AldawyArchived member
Does anyone know any info about the RE4RO3A automatic (300zx z32 / Nissan patrol) Websites, performance parts (deep pans, trans brakes, internals .....) Anything would be helpful
0 likes
CHRGD6Archived member
Sweet build man
0 likes
AldawyArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by CHRGD6 [View Post] Sweet build man Thanks Same goes with yours,
0 likes
AldawyArchived member
Wasn't happy with the first tubs, so I started again (http://s1012.photobucket.com/user/Aldawy/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140523_151307.jpg.html) (http://s1012.photobucket.com/user/Aldawy/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20140523_151328.jpg.html) also started my custom intake manifold Also got a auto for the car, just have to make an adapter plate for my bellhousing Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
AldawyArchived member
This is how my custom intake manifold looks so far (http://s1012.photobucket.com/user/Aldawy/media/20140525_115040.jpg.html) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
AldawyArchived member
Picked up a powerglide & 9inch the other week Both need a rebuild though Time to build it once & build it right
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Looking good bro.
0 likes
AldawyArchived member
I've decided to sell the car. If anyone is interested message me with your number & ill call you back with info about the car
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today32

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 227 images saved from CT