Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
I'm in the process of up grading my old drum brake open wheeler diff to a disc brake LSD. Going good so far but the question that's got me puzzled is the diff ratio in my new diff is 4.11, this is going to put my speedo out I know but I don't know how to rectify the problem. Thoughts and solutions much appreciated.
0 likes
It shouldn't put your speedo out heaps but just get a gps and figure out the speed differnce so for eg if 70 becomes 50 just remember that when your driving otherwise you'll have to pay for recalibration
0 likes
Can you pay to get your clusters recalibrated ?
0 likes
Yea it can be done but can cost there's a couple of instrument reconditioners about
0 likes
Get yourself a ratio box. Sits on the side of the gearbox. speedo cable goes into that as normal. This is what I did. That's the permanent fix. If you do it at the cluster it may not be as reliable. 5 years, no problems. The difference was like $200. Do it once and do it rite.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0 likes
Where can I source a ratio box? Can you buy them from your average car parts place eg. Repo auto barn. Or a specialist?
0 likes
I got it all done at the instrument reconditioner.
They should be able to take care of it.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)
0 likes
As above. Changing to different diameter wheels alters your true speed as well.
It's very expensive to modify your cluster for the sake of a diff gear change. Just source a converter.
0 likes