Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

VL Calais sunroof switch

Started by bck2basic · 11 July 2013 · 8 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

bck2basicArchived member
I'm not sure if anyone can help me, but yesterday my sunroof switch died and I can't find a replacement, has anyone seen one of these before for sale? If so where can I get one? Here it is Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
bck2basicArchived member
Bump
0 likes
LUXJETArchived member
better off getting it fixed. find the guy on here who fixes window switches
0 likes
bck2basicArchived member
It's completely destroyed. It had sand in it from when I got my rust sandblasted, so I took it out and got the air gun on it and it just popped and hit the floor and shattered. The only other thing I can think of is get a new switch made up for the housing. But would rather just buy a second hand one
0 likes
InjectionArchived member
Maybe try various sunroof installers as that's not a factory switch. They might have something that suits or maybe even an auto electrician.
0 likes
ss nutArchived member
A rocker switch from a vl rear window?Or is that too large?and use the existing surround. Cheers Marty
0 likes
chief355Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Injection [View Post] Maybe try various sunroof installers as that's not a factory switch. They might have something that suits or maybe even an auto electrician. ASC was still a sunroof fitted by most holden dealers. I think most if not all were fitted after the car left Holden SA/VIC plants. You could call this number (03) 9773 5275 ASC Automotive Seating & Sunroof Company
0 likes
bck2basicArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by ss nut [View Post] A rocker switch from a vl rear window?Or is that too large?and use the existing surround. Cheers Marty I tried that. Too big, thanks though ---------- Post added 15-07-13 at 16:12 ---------- Quote: Originally Posted by chief355 [View Post] ASC was still a sunroof fitted by most holden dealers. I think most if not all were fitted after the car left Holden SA/VIC plants. You could call this number (03) 9773 5275 ASC Automotive Seating & Sunroof Company Yeah already tried them, they do a remake but it looks nothin like the original.
0 likes
ss nutArchived member
Try an electricail suppler or a good auto sparkie they may have something that fits. Good luck Cheers Marty
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 3 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today90

7,519 threads, 49,751 posts and 725 images saved from CT

22.0% of indexed threads saved