Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

308/355 gilmer belt drive kit install qn

Started by YBJLS4 · 8 July 2013 · 9 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

YBJLS4Archived member
Not too familiar with the gilmer arrangement so ill throw the qn out there, is it possible to run the gilmer belt drive kit as well as your standard clutch fan? Car is a vl with injected 355 (vr motor)
0 likes
LUXJETArchived member
yeah pretty sure it just bolts onto the supplied pulley
0 likes
YBJLS4Archived member
Sweet as LUX. I just hope it doesn't add extra stress to the water pump
0 likes
tabArchived member
Yeah u can run the clutch fan no probs at all. Just be prepared to pick up ur water pump from the road when u rev it to 5000rpm lol :P
0 likes
STATUSArchived member
run a genuine pump and skys the limit.
0 likes
YBJLS4Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by tab [View Post] Yeah u can run the clutch fan no probs at all. Just be prepared to pick up ur water pump from the road when u rev it to 5000rpm lol :P Lol you know when we cruise the car never sits below 5000rpm, in fact the shift light goes off at 5000 rpm to let me know I'm not revving high enough lol
0 likes
YBJLS4Archived member
Ok guys just confirming what Tab has said, its definitely doable with the clutch fan
0 likes
BJ_2517Archived member
How u go with it? Any dramas with I stall or the clutch fan?? Also who did u find that did the best deal on the belt drive?
0 likes
YBJLS4Archived member
Yeah had a few dramas. Went through 2x belts till I worked out what was going wrong. Even though I spaced out my power steering pump I was still having problems with the gilmer belt running forward and up against my power steering belt which in turn would throw the ps belt off. I removed as many spacers and shms from the alternator add I could bur was still having issues. I removed the alternator pulley and took it to an engineering mob and asked them to take 4mm off the centering shoulder, this had now done trick. The alternator pulley is what aligns your belt. It will no longer creep forward and hit my ps belt
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
how does it sound? install yourself? where you get it from and how much?
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today32

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 227 images saved from CT