29-06-13, 12:12 GMT+10#1
Picked up a cheap vt executive which needed a new motor, when getting it taken to my brothers I realised the airbag light was on
after removing the front bar noticed that the metal bar behind it had been pushed in abit, wasn't too close to the radiator and didn't mess with any other structure of the car.
Is it because of the damage that the air bag light is on? I think before leaving I noticed a couple wires hanging off from the passenger side front behind bumper, thought then it was prob just the horn but thinking now could that be the wires that go to the front shock sensor for the airbag and would that be why the light is on? Would plugging it back in risk the airbag randomly deploying since the front is dinged in?
I know of a vt getting wrecked so if I changed the metal bar bit behind bumper changed over to one that wasn't bent in would that automatically make the light go off or would it have to be reset?
Trying to fix it by myself before turning to last resort (letting holden dealer deal with it and bankrupt me)
Cheers
0 likes
