Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

will a vs 5lt fit in a vl calais and what does that entail

Started by Yes its a · 28 June 2013 · 13 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

Yes its aArchived member
Got a vs 5lt and i want to put it in my vl calais, from what i can see on other threads its the same as a vn 5lt which can be fitted in a vl. I dont want to buy it if it wont fit, any help would be awesome.cheers
0 likes
BOB18UArchived member
Surprised you haven't been burnt yet. http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=132356
0 likes
BoyracerArchived member
Need a V8 K frame, gearbox crossmember, tailshaft, radiator, dash calibration and wiring job. http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=132356
0 likes
GouldyArchived member
And an engineers cert
0 likes
BoyracerArchived member
Start with na VL V8 and you don't need a certificate.
0 likes
rb6747Archived member
No engineeres required I beleave as Vl came out in v8 n I had one n changed engine numbers over at vic roads n nothink mention..
0 likes
tabArchived member
Vn-vs 5litre motors are all the same, yes they all fit in a vl. just the computers (ecu) are different. Run a vn computer as they are easier to work with and wire up.
0 likes
GouldyArchived member
U need an engineers as the vl came out in a v8 carby not fuel injected v8 I had a very long discussion with vicroads engineers on this subject
0 likes
capssyArchived member
To go injected u need engineers and full pollution to the letter of the law but allot of guys get away without it
0 likes
ss nutArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Gouldy [View Post] U need an engineers as the vl came out in a v8 carby not fuel injected v8 I had a very long discussion with vicroads engineers on this subject What about the Walky? Are these rules different from state to state?And if it has something to do with power as some HDT's came out with more KW than the Walkinshaw(ours was 196kw from HDT)And I know they went up to 245kw for the strokers(5.6 litre) Cheers Marty
0 likes
GACArchived member
I drove into vic roads just to try to change engine number it originally was a 6 and I converted to an 8 lady came out changed the number didn't even ask a question.
0 likes
SIK304Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Gouldy [View Post] U need an engineers as the vl came out in a v8 carby not fuel injected v8 I had a very long discussion with vicroads engineers on this subject How long ago, mines be registered as an 8 (orig 6) for nearly 10 years without engineers?
0 likes
Yes its aArchived member
Thanks for the feedback peeps. Big help
0 likes
rb6747Archived member
I been told by few people now who question vic roads ova it later modle engine allowed as in injected 5.0 in early commodore ok,but ect carby into later vs ect no good not that ya would anyway haha..
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 3 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today29

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 216 images saved from CT