Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Meets & events
Meets & events

Qld VL Status Updates

Started by PWR 747 · 25 June 2013 · 35 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

PWR 747Archived member
Bit of an opposite to the spotted thread. We all joke about none of our cars going so why dont we post up our own VL's current status. Nothing big, just a quick blurb and maybe some pics of where we're at with our cars. Ill start off with mine. Been off the road 4.5 yrs, hoping to be going this year. As it sits currently has no motor, box or diff. Just recently got a bw diff with 31 moser axles, mc bros full spool, diff cover and arp studs. Just needs paint and installed. Installed full autometer dash, 6 point moly cage and mazda s5 callipers. Motor is currently about to be assembled. (http://s136.photobucket.com/user/PWR747/media/null_zps816646be.jpg.html) (http://s136.photobucket.com/user/PWR747/media/null_zpsb8edddeb.jpg.html) (http://s136.photobucket.com/user/PWR747/media/null_zps548bfd86.jpg.html) Cheers, Donny Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
ss nutArchived member
It is amazing how fast time go's by with our projects,Mine took just over 5 years. Donny the cars interior looks really good. Cheers Marty
0 likes
InsaneVLArchived member
My last 18 months in a nutshell: Started with RB30 Rebuilt an LS1 Added a TH400 Put in a new Fuel System in the boot Put it all in the VL Had issues with Gearbox due to tailshaft Got it all back together and won a Street Sleeper award the other weekend Currently now running good. Just did an 11.9 at Willowbank on street tyres (as I drive it on the road)... Looking to take it on a cruise on Sunday up the Sunshine Coast. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
251NFLArchived member
Mine been off the road since November...it was making 580rwhp with a straight cut 5 speed and a gt40 Now has 51r rajab plenum 100mm cooler whole new suspension 90/10 and 50/50 shocks full manualised turbo400 trans break 5000 stall shortened billet 31 spline axle diff Taken a while due to funds and parts bein a problem but should only be couple of weeks away now
0 likes
AVG45Archived member
Should be solid for some 10.7's Neno!
0 likes
251NFLArchived member
Chasing that illusive 11.5 it is just a street car hahaahaha
0 likes
grunter01Archived member
Seeing as though I live in Brisbane now I will chuck up mine, it's a rolling shell at the moment getting the engine rebuilt as i broke oil pump gear in half so now rebuilding it with nitto I beam rods with 7/16 bolts, cp pistons, nitto oil pump. Hoping to have the car done and running in the original shell in the next month and brought up to Brisbane. I have a new shell I was going to put all the gear in but some tosser stole the front lights and rear lights out of it now I need to fix it up before moving it all over. Hoping to have the car fully finished in new shell by end of the year. Does anyone know what it cost for a private day at willow bank drag strip? I want to organise a day
0 likes
Catchme>Archived member
Well you guys might not recognise me but I used try and get amongst it back in the day, talking like 7 years ago. I was a bit shy and kept to myself, still do. I'm always on here just keeping up with things, My vl has been off the road a year and a half now I have spent a lot of time getting it up to what I always wanted it to be and I think I'm about 60 to 70% of the way there. It started off with basically standard sl turbo 5speed from factory, I wanted to keep some kind of trueness to it so I have kept the mx7 box and sohc rb30et but completely overhauled it with spool rods, cp pistons, n1 oil pump with billet gears, spool high volume sump, full arp bolts top and bottom ported polished head, jpc roller rockers, performance valve springs and standard size valves, cam tech Ct503 520a-115(a) cam, adjustable cam gear, Ross balancer, Jd plenum 1000cc injectors, haltech ps1000, 6 boost manifold, gt3540, 3.5 inch to 3 inch exhaust, heaps more goodies but you get the idea, engine has been re assembled and is waiting to go back into car due to ceramic coating needing to be done on dump pipe and exhaust mani, and I need a smaller exhaust housing for turbo. I'm trying to get a reliable 500hp what do you fellas think I will be able to get? Anyway I'm not in a rush but pretty keen to get it on the road as most of you would know the feeling, Never been sure how to chuck up pics on here if I knew I would. Cheers and I would be keen for a track day when ever with or without my car ready. Alex
0 likes
LinknArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by grunter01 [View Post] Does anyone know what it cost for a private day at willow bank drag strip? I want to organise a day Hey mate, Couldnt really find any prices on their website, so would prolly be best to give them a call or send them an email. However doing a quick google search I found a thread on Boostcruising from many years ago which maybe would help as a guideline? For 60 entries the cost will be $4400 GST inc. This covers the following: � ANDRA event sanction � ANDRA competitor levy (Insurance) � Queens land Ambulance Service cover 9am-3pm � Fire Rescue cover � Christmas Tree, incremental Track Timers and Score Boards � Race Computer � Staff � Track equipment.
0 likes
grunter01Archived member
cheers i will have to look into it further but need people to want to chip in also
0 likes
rusty577Archived member
My old red vl has been off the road for over a year getting rust fixed around front screen engine bay tidy up and gt3788r topmount 1000cc bosch injectors list goes on.
0 likes
flanoArchived member
Vl ls1 single turbo with a turbo 400 just done a write up in the owners vl section check it out and let me know what use think. Flano...
0 likes
cagedArchived member
Mines been parked for 6 months just sent the Microtech away for a map sensor or upgrade then back to Godzilla for real boost then go chasing that 9 sec slip with a h pattern it went 10.00 on low boost and avgas so I'm hoping with a race gas tune and 35-38 psi 9s should be easy haha
0 likes
vanstrienArchived member
How mines looked for the last month Killed the converter so got the powerglide rebuilt at the same time. New clutches in top gear. New TCE converter. All back in last night ready for powercruise Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
mIsS VLArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by caged [View Post] Mines been parked for 6 months just sent the Microtech away for a map sensor or upgrade then back to Godzilla for real boost then go chasing that 9 sec slip with a h pattern it went 10.00 on low boost and avgas so I'm hoping with a race gas tune and 35-38 psi 9s should be easy haha you own a 9sec wagon? and live in wynnum??? Gosh I have to get my **** together! I also live in wynnum and own a wags Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
mIsS VLArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by caged [View Post] I know I love my wags have seen yours around but not lately. Mines not registered anymore but it did go 10.89 @ 133mph as a streeter with a manual would happily help you step it up if you like I think I still have that turbo in the shed lol . I would love to see more TRUE vl wagons going quick (yes having a chop at you spot-on haha) all good to see wags anyway going quick no matter what engine Being an update thread I should of mentioned, I took it to Melbourne with me for 12months and since I�ve been back it�s been sitting in the shed. I have stepped it up (maybe not as quick as yours, but still gives me a good scare) but I�m studying at the moment, so no money to spare to fix a few issues I may or may not have ... if ya know what I mean? Haha next year it will be back! Post up a pic of the wags? I may have seen you around Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
no_springArchived member
'True' VL...... As opposed to a VL with the floor cut out and turbo out the bonnet?????? Update: 8.3@161 at Jamboree. Highest MPH of 169. Off for a retune ASAP and some real HP.......chasing that 7.99 before the end of the year
0 likes
TroyVKArchived member
Go the 2j Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
YetiArchived member
Great idea for a thread, should be on the main board!
0 likes
oskArchived member
spent about a million bucks still doesn't go
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today31

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 217 images saved from CT