Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Do the vl brake lines connect to the Vt calipers or do i need an adaptors? If so where can I get these adaptors? Also any tips on getting the brake line nuts off mine are proper stuck on and i dont want to round the nut.
Cheers.
0 likes
Use vice grips. If you round them, it's cheap to get replacements made at ABS brakes etc.
0 likes
I didnt use adapters for my upgrade I just screwed them in tight and haven't got any leaks or anything same for the vt master I just screwed the VL lines straight in been like this for about 2 years no leaks
0 likes
Really? Damm I already orders master adaptors and when you did your calpiers did the lines look a bit short they look like they should be fine but just want to double check. Other than that they look awesome cant wait to feel the diffrance
0 likes
Oh sorry yeah I used vt lines on the caliper and joined them to the steel lines at the bracket on the struts
0 likes
Ok so you just connected it from the caliper stright to the steel line? I bypassed the strut I will upload a picture
---------- Post added 21-06-13 at 21:42 ----------
Ah maybe not I have no clue how to upload pictures
0 likes
boosted wagon that is so dodgy! You should NEVER mix single and double flared brake lines. Yes they might have the same screw in fitting and screw up tight but the design is different and for something as important as brakes you want everything 100%.
BronsonVL you need conversion hoses which are VT type hoses with the VL double flare end to join the steel pipe. You also need to secure it to the strut so the hose does not have the possibility of touching the tyre.
Single (left) and double (right) flares. VR onwards has the single flare.
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
I've got the right hoses for you from the hard line to the caliper . I'm going braided with mine so I'm not using them . Pm if you're interested .
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by vhr32
[View Post]
boosted wagon that is so dodgy! You should NEVER mix single and double flared brake lines. Yes they might have the same screw in fitting and screw up tight but the design is different and for something as important as brakes you want everything 100%.
BronsonVL you need conversion hoses which are VT type hoses with the VL double flare end to join the steel pipe. You also need to secure it to the strut so the hose does not have the possibility of touching the tyre.
Single (left) and double (right) flares. VR onwards has the single flare.
I agree. I have tryed this. They don't seal. Can be dangerous. Just get a double flare kit( should be steel line rated) and reflare the lines with the correct screw in thingy. Or take em to a auto machine shop. Cheers dan
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
24-12-13, 09:39 GMT+10#10 Race brakes in Sydney has the conversion hoses in braided on the shelf.
0 likes