Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Afternoon... Building a 308 for my VL....
Put a High Energy sump onto it and the oil pickup is hitting the side
preventing the sump to be done up, its like the pickup is wrong... It came out of the VL with a standard sump, The block is a factory relieved stroker VS block... Any help would be great thanks!
0 likes
What's the sump to suit as the sumps are made to suit different applications for instance the pick up on a vb-VL are the same but VL-vn are different so if u got a sump to suit vn-vt then the pick up will hit the sump.... Just cut the wind age tray off the pick up and it will fit... Done it heaps of times
0 likes
Ok, when I bought the sump it said to suit vb-vt, obviously not, I will see if I can cut some away n then see how it goes.... Thanks boosted_wagon.
0 likes
Yeah man cut the windage tray from the pick up not the sump it's self....yeah man the sumps are different because of this reason.... We all make these mistakes man don't stress easy fix
0 likes
I'm not sure about the sump for your application but many years ago when I bought a High Energy sump it came with a new oil pickup to suit the sump.
Corsa
0 likes
ok nah No pickup with it Corsa
0 likes