Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

VF Commodore SSV sportswagon

Started by RB30DEVL · 11 June 2013 · 6 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

RB30DEVLArchived member
As a lot of you may know the VF Commodore has been released this month, the next car I want to buy will most likely be the one mentioned in the heading or a later model, the catch is the Holden website only list that one as being available in auto form in the SS , SSV & SSV redline range,due to my bad experiences with automatics and the fact the manuals require much less frequent servicing (I've set fluid changes in mine at 100,000 kms because Holden haven't set an interval for the VY SS Commodore), also they are more fun to drive so I prefer the 6 speed manual option. Much better than 20,000 kms for an auto, I know the manufacturers set theirs at 40,000kms of normal driving but I've found the fluid was always had a brown burnt smell at those kays and even at 20,000 kms in the VL , perhaps a separate oil cooler would've helped even though I didn't tow heavy loads with it. Having a look at the carsguide website, that site shows the V8 sportswagon (except Calais) option having a manual transmission as an option which is over $2000 cheaper as well. One other thing I've noticed is the VF still uses the 6 litre V8, not a real worthwhile upgrade since my VY is tuned to put out the same sort of power as the current model,though if I could afford the later model station wagon I'd buy one at the end of the year, apparently they are supposed to be fitting the 6.2 litre V8 (L99) into the VF at the end of the year which will have the benefit of more power & improved fuel economy, you'd be better off waiting for that one. That's a bit strange for them to do that later on in the series, if memory serves correctly, I think Holden did that with the first of the UC Sunbirds , they still carried the Opel 1.9 litre 4 cylinder from the LX Sunbird over to that model till the Starfire 4 cylinder was released later on.
0 likes
12maneymArchived member
good on ya mate
0 likes
BigM22Archived member
Yeh Opel 1.9 litre 4 cylinder, 6.2 litre Chevy, same thing!
0 likes
aus880Archived member
1. It's a Sportwagon NOT Sportswagon 2. ask your boss if he'd mind if you get one 3. love your posts
0 likes
YetiArchived member
(http://media.photobucket.com/user/xCeeh/media/imagesqtbnANd9GcTOvnopl0N7tdNj5YsnrNtgz32fYnEGkkiuNAZ37nUnkl2cYLvJXg.jpg.html) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Wow wee, strikes again
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Im confused Is this thread about a VF Sportwagon or tranny fluid and opels? Lol Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 3 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today33

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 235 images saved from CT