Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Ls1 after head and cam

Started by LS1GUN · 4 June 2013 · 7 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

LS1GUNArchived member
hey guys i have a vt Ls1 i have had head 853 heads shaved ported ect new valves and springs a 235/235 cam (I think) fast 102 manifold and TB, CAI, 4 into 1 extractors high flow cats 3" cat back ect running a t56 button clutch 3.7. im running 311 RWKW i have talked to a few people and from what i hear to go down a turbo path i have to remove most of the mod i have done (cam and heads) so how where do i go from here i really want to try hit around the 380-400 rwkw number can anyone suggest some more mood to hit those numbers? my budget being around 20k thanks guys
0 likes
Duke57TTArchived member
How much did you deck the heads? If the comp is really high, then I would put some new heads on, leave the cam and all the rest of it. Look at an ASE kit, they do some nice singles and twins and enjoy. Other than that you will need injectors and a bit of a fuel system.
0 likes
LS1GUNArchived member
30thou I think. I've been told the cam is to big for a turbo setup? I might be wrong I know a little about turbo but yeah lol. What heads would your recomend? I'm currently running a ls2 fuel rail and injector I know I'll have to upgrade but just don't know where to go next? Keeping the car N/A would it be worth running e85 or even with the turbo setup with e85?
0 likes
IEVLVXArchived member
100 shot of nos, fuel system and e85 will get you close to those numbers!! Why do you want that much power anyway? Struggle to get it to the ground!!
0 likes
Duke57TTArchived member
Cam is only too big if you go a piss ant turbo. Just get some stock heads, or if the budget stretches some trickflows or something. I would if you can run e85 for the turbo setup, plent of extra power to be had. Even N/A there is a bit to be had.
0 likes
LS1GUNArchived member
IEVLVX what fuel system would you suggest? and i plan on mini tubbing the rear and running 275 wide to try get the power down DUKE57TT what size turbo would you recommend for my cam? and heads you can recommend l98s cnc ect? ---------- Post added 05-06-13 at 14:24 ---------- also what size injectors should i go i have on order a fast fuel rail on its way. as for fuel system 044 1L serge tank and rising rate reg will be enough of a fuel system for said turbo setup? Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Duke57TTArchived member
Anything from the GT4202 kit and upwards will be fine. Depends on how much power you want to make. I think ASE make a 1000hp kit. That would do the trick. As for heads, L98's won't fit due to valve size and the small bore of a LS motor. I would either go stock and ported if you are a bit tight with moolah or look into some aftermarket heads.
0 likes
-FPVTZA-Archived member
I agree with DUKE57TT go minumum GT42 - the ASE kits are great, I had one on my VZ and couldnt have been happier. I had a N/A spec cam (similiar to the GM TK cam) & higgins heads then decided to bolt on the 1000hp Single Turbo kit and a fuel system to back it up - I was running 8psi from memory and it would still turn the tyres at 100ks. But from what I have seen around, I could have made more power bolting the turbo setup to a stock motor. But nothing beats a cammed LS that throughs out a dose.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 9 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today61

3,751 threads, 23,672 posts and 472 images saved from CT