Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Exhaust help please

Started by Big Lee · 3 June 2013 · 0 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

Big LeeArchived member
Hi, I have a WK Caprice daily that I am trying to maximise low down torque and fuel economy. At the moment I have a 3.5 inch cat-back Sureflo system in "quiet" that I am very happy with. I have a Maf-less tune and a Duspeed OTR which I am also extremely happy with. The car get really good economy and my next mods are going to be an eaton trutrac with 3.73's and extractors and cats. My question is this: 1. Should I get Pacemaker tri-y's in 1/5/8 and a 2.5 inch collector and get 2.5 inch 100 cell cats or 2. Pacemaker tuned in 1/3/4 and the 3 inch collector and 3 inch cats. The reason I ask is that if I am going to all this expense I would rather get option 2 for the best flow but the reality is that I never reve the car out and mainly use low revs from 1000 - 4000. Would there really be a torque difference between the 2 especially with the diff gears and touch up tune?? Thank you. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today64

4,862 threads, 30,211 posts and 499 images saved from CT

14.2% of indexed threads saved