Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Hey,
I am in the process of gathering parts for an N/A -> Turb conversion.
I have all the essential goodies, but was wondering about getting a new kit of lines to the turbo.
Having a look at this on ebay,
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Turbo-Oil-Water-Line-Kit-Nissan-RB25DET-RB30-w-Garrett-GT3076R-GT3582R-GT3540-/181148198034?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories &hash=item2a2d462492&_uhb=1 (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Turbo-Oil-Water-Line-Kit-Nissan-RB25DET-RB30-w-Garrett-GT3076R-GT3582R-GT3540-/181148198034?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a2d462492&_uhb=1)
I can see the last line is the oil return, but looking at my turbo, the oil feed has a flat/flanged peice with 2x bolts so just not sure what the dealio with that kit is?
Can anyone suggest how those would be used or another kit to use?
I can see that same seller has other kits but for different turbos so not sure.
Thanks
0 likes
To me, this is more suitable for the oil feed.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Turbo-Oil-Feed-Line-Nissan-RB25-RB30-w-Garrett-T3-T4-/271212941094?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item 3f258d0f26 (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Turbo-Oil-Feed-Line-Nissan-RB25-RB30-w-Garrett-T3-T4-/271212941094?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f258d0f26)
Could it be the first link is for a "GT30" and this second one just a "T3" or is the G in GT just "Garrett" ?
What is the VL stock turbo anyway? T3XX?
thanks
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geniee
[View Post]
To me, this is more suitable for the oil feed.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Turbo-Oil-Feed-Line-Nissan-RB25-RB30-w-Garrett-T3-T4-/271212941094?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item 3f258d0f26 (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Turbo-Oil-Feed-Line-Nissan-RB25-RB30-w-Garrett-T3-T4-/271212941094?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f258d0f26)
Could it be the first link is for a "GT30" and this second one just a "T3" or is the G in GT just "Garrett" ?
What is the VL stock turbo anyway? T3XX?
thanks
that oil feed looks like it has a restrictor built in, if you are not using a ball bearing turbo than the restrictor is not reccomended.
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogila
[View Post]
that oil feed looks like it has a restrictor built in, if you are not using a ball bearing turbo than the restrictor is not reccomended.
Thanks,
But do you see how the connection to the turbo has the flanged piece.
The first kit only looks like it has that on the oil-drain.
I don't really see how that other piece could be used as a feed?
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geniee
[View Post]
Thanks,
But do you see how the connection to the turbo has the flanged piece.
The first kit only looks like it has that on the oil-drain.
I don't really see how that other piece could be used as a feed?
the first kit is no good, it has fittings with the banjo bolts, the vl t3 doesnt have a thread on the feed or the return, you need the flange type for both oil feed and return, (im pretty sure the t3 oil feed has no thread, can somebody confirm?) from memory i think the return will fit a -8 size fitting, have a look on vpw website for the return flanges they sell them, and look through their catolague for -8 threaded to fit the return flange and then maybe measure up the length a get some braided line, also look through to see all their listings for water lines, fittings etc to give you and idea of whats out there before you buy a kit
---------- Post added 04-06-13 at 16:17 ----------
i bought a kit off the same seller you have mentioned above for a TO4Z to fit my 2JZ, i only used the oil feed and return, the water lines were too short so ended up making my own, if you can specify what bits you need and lengths he will make you up a custom kit, although it might be easier to visit vpw and tell them what you need and they can advise you.
and also that oil return in the first link might be too long to fit on vl
0 likes
gotcha.
thanks for your help.
I might just wait and see how I go, and measure it all up as I get to it.
esp. as I may run into issues and need different lengths for different reasons. (eg. if I cant source an S2 car) I just wanted a nice shiny new bit of gear to use.
Thanks for the source to look up tho.
0 likes