Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

cv8 monaro l98 conversion

Started by damo83 · 10 May 2013 · 0 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

damo83Archived member
Hi all Planning on doing a l98 swap in a cv8 monaro. Just wanted to know if a engineers certificate is needed or do I just inform vicroads of the swap I have had a look on the vicroads site which states that you need to fill out a change of vehicle identification form. Under the change of engine section you need to state the engine cap which is different from a ls1, so would i need a VASS Approval Certificate. I have spoken to a few engineers that have said I need to run the same ecu, throttle etc that came with the l98. I dont wish to go down that path as it would be to costly and a pain. I want to hear from anyone who has done a similar swap ls2,3 etc into a vt or vy and how they went about transferring engine numbers Thanks
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 3 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today64

4,847 threads, 30,152 posts and 499 images saved from CT

14.2% of indexed threads saved