Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
I can't decide whether to fit aftermarket extractors or not on my Berlina. I'm used to turbo so I don't drive NA often.
Much difference in note, flow and response on the RB30? It will be coupled with the existing Redback 2.5" catback with 2x mufflers.
0 likes
I went from completely stock exhaust to extractors, stock cat and 2.5" cat back with no rear muffler a few weeks back and I really like it, Its not fast of course but it definitely feels a bit more lively than before-hand and the sound is amazing. You can pick extractors up for cheap off ebay/gumtree mine were only $100.
0 likes
Iv got some you can have for 75 if you want them they are genie. Makes the exhaust have a bit of a deeper note
0 likes
extractors will give a nice deep lumpy note and also make the car go a bit better
In my case my exhaust manifold had a leak in it so extractors made a considerable difference
0 likes
Depends on what you want,Do you want a tuned length or interference headers?One will give down low grunt and the other top end.For the sound factor you will want interference headers.
Check up on them and then decide.
Cheers Marty
0 likes
Thanks for the response everyone, Vinny can these be bolted straight to the stock cat? I have trouble getting to the South, do you ever find yourself around the west?
0 likes
extractors will all bolt up to factory cat flanges.
simple job took me an hr and i had no idea what i was doing.
0 likes
Yea they bolt straight up mate na never in the west
0 likes
Ive got exact same setup, 2.5" Redback with Pacemaker extractors. Note changed to a deeper tone, and became very loud around 3.5k revs. Better fuel economy and a little more grunt. Id recommend a set.
0 likes
24-05-13, 05:40 GMT+10#10 +1 on extractors, i have "advance" branded extractors, dunno what theyre suppose to be performance wise but it did make the car more enjoyable to drive and abit more torque down low...
And they look very nice when theyre freshly ceramic coated, i got mine coated flat silver and they look very neat and sort of "factory looking"
0 likes
24-05-13, 14:46 GMT+10#11 Yeah I reckon they'd be ripper on the car but I decided to leave the car as stock as I can and keep it in storage for the next 10 years+
0 likes
08-05-14, 14:02 GMT+10#13 Guys where doe the oxy sensor mount? ive got extractors on my patrol rb30 carby that im converting to efi and there isn't a spot other than the old egr port
cheers
0 likes
09-05-14, 09:42 GMT+10#14 Extractors yes, high flow cat yes but not so sure on full 2.5 system on an n/a.
0 likes
09-05-14, 11:56 GMT+10#15 The extractors should have a place for the oxy sensor? Roughly in the same spot it is on the stock manifold. Unless the extractors you have are off a carbied car.
---------- Post added 09-05-14 at 12:02 ----------
If you get stuck, I have a spare set that I know definitely has the hole for the o2 sensor, off a vl though, whether they're the same or not, I dunno.
---------- Post added 09-05-14 at 12:24 ----------
I should read before posting.. they are obviously off a carbied car as you mentioned it, I wouldn't think they'd have the o2 mount hole?
0 likes
09-05-14, 15:21 GMT+10#16 thought I'd add, if the exhaust has not been touched in a while there is a high chance the bolts will snap which connect to the cat. Be weary of this and make sure you have extra time for repairs when you do change to extractors. make sure you soak them with crc for a while first
0 likes