Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Vy ss engine oil viscosity

Started by BRETT lS1 · 4 May 2013 · 8 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

BRETT lS1Archived member
What engine oil viscosity does the vy ss use? Car has 178000 on it Been told there's a few types to use Thanks
0 likes
Duke57TTArchived member
10w 30 or 40 is factory. I know a lot run a 10w 50 or 60 for engines that cop a bit of a hiding.
0 likes
BRETT lS1Archived member
Shell helix any good or valvoline engine armour
0 likes
Duke57TTArchived member
I use Nulon, plenty of people swear by Royal Purple/Penrite/Castrol Edge etc
0 likes
chunksArchived member
I use 5w-30 synthetic in standard cars but you could go a bit thicker if its getting a hard time.
0 likes
cava454Archived member
HPR 10 for me
0 likes
87VLSLArchived member
Alot of the LS1 forum guys use Castrol Edge 10W 60. In my VY SS. I just use the recomended 10W 30 Oil from Holden. I use the genuine GM branded oil and filter.
0 likes
vanstrienArchived member
i use HPR10 aswell, loves limiter bashings on this stuff, mines done 184xxx now, not too expensive either compared to edge ect
0 likes
BRETT lS1Archived member
Thanks guys Done the service runs heaps better
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today81

6,275 threads, 42,234 posts and 611 images saved from CT

18.3% of indexed threads saved