Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

Stock as a rock 88 VL SL

Started by DAMO92 · 2 May 2013 · 7 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

DAMO92Archived member
Make / Model: 1988 Holden VL SL limited edition commodore Colour: White over asteroid silver Bodykit:*Standard SL kit Engine Type:*RB30E Engine Mods: None Power: Standard *Exhaust:*Standard Gearbox: Jatco auto standard *Diff: Standard *Brakes:*Standard Suspension: Standard Wheels/Tyres:*VS mags atm Interior:*Standard SL Stereo: Sony deck with 6" parcel shelf speakers Other Mods:* Future mods:*not sure yet possibly turbo the motor and 33 gear box conversion Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
DAMO92Archived member
Well I'm starting to stock pile parts so once I got another car to drive either a bunny or my VY ss licensed I can start to do major work on the VL. First part I brought was the T3/T4 turbo manifold Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
DAMO92Archived member
Thinking about putting my VY senator sigs on the VL today and giving the car a good Clean and polish. ---------- Post added 05-05-13 at 09:44 ---------- Looking at converting the VL to a manual. Found someone with a full conversion kit but it's out of a wagon and they aren't sure what the condition is. I'm not sure how I can check the condition of the gearbox and I'm guessing I would need a sedan tailshaft?
0 likes
DAMO92Archived member
Turbo manifold rocked up today and I'm going to be buying (hopefully) a set of 5 vl Calais wheels that I'm gunna polish up and put new tyres and possibly white wall them Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
DAMO92Archived member
Well I gave the VL a good clean today, polish and put my VY sigs and it came up really well so I thought Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Looks great.
0 likes
DAMO92Archived member
Cheers Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
#adzArchived member
looks tidy as mate
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 5 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today47

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 354 images saved from CT