Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

VL Centre Garnish

Started by Johny · 1 May 2013 · 14 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

JohnyArchived member
Whats a NOS VLC centre garnish worth these days. Cheers Johny
0 likes
THCArchived member
iv seen mint 1s go for around the 150-400 mark on ebay . other wise give rare spares a call.
0 likes
JohnyArchived member
Nah i have a NOS one boxed that i want to sell, just wondering what there worth
0 likes
radz86Archived member
I'm interested in buying one, how much?
0 likes
BoyracerArchived member
People were wanting 900 for GM ones before the repro ones came out.
0 likes
MorgzArchived member
no way you'd get a NOS one for under 500. I paid 800 for a second hand genuine one in great nick... in it's pics.. and got it and it was above average, but not good enough to put on the car. I think what some people call "immaculate" and what is actually immaculate differ significantly. I'd pay $1k for a NOS one i think, people may ask more... but they replicas aren't too bad, and for the price difference, for a lot of people it'd be hard to justify.
0 likes
LUXJETArchived member
Ouch morgz. Johny store it for another 20 years and u could get thousands
0 likes
JohnyArchived member
Hahah thousands... Im thinking around 5 years ago I saw them sell for 2k that was before repos hit the market though.
0 likes
calais25tArchived member
not much more than rare spares sadly, since they bought them out they arnt worth ****... ---------- Post added 02-05-13 at 14:12 ----------
0 likes
fleasArchived member
I reckon I would buy a NOS one over rare spares ones. I heard that even though rare spares bought rights/mouldings the stuff is still made in Taiwan lol I wouldn't be surprised half of the NOS stuff on ebay is from rare spares anyway, unless the seller is a genuine/trustworthy trader.
0 likes
KALAYArchived member
Rare Spares ones aint good. they use the wrong badge, it has a bend in the middle of the L. it is stuck on and its MUCH smaller than the genuine item
0 likes
OliverArchived member
2012-09-09 16.48.13.jpg (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/attachment.php?attachmentid=59702&d=1367494842) I have a rare spares one on my Calais they look fine Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by calais25t [View Post] not much more than rare spares sadly, since they bought them out they arnt worth **** Thank god for rare spares. I'd love a genuine "NOS" center garnish but i cant justify what people ask for them.
0 likes
MorgzArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Oliver [View Post] Attachment 59702 (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/attachment.php?attachmentid=59702) I have a rare spares one on my Calais they look fine That looks fine I recon... are the tail-lights from there too? ---------- Post added 08-05-13 at 15:21 ---------- Quote: Originally Posted by Oliver [View Post] Attachment 59702 (http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/attachment.php?attachmentid=59702) I have a rare spares one on my Calais they look fine That looks fine I recon... are the tail-lights from there too? So what can't you buy form rare spares - either genuine or non genuine as far as new front grill goes, rear tail light sections and the black mouldings. Can you get the chrome trim from anywhere? or what do people do with that now? Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Morgz [View Post] That looks fine I recon... are the tail-lights from there too? ---------- Post added 08-05-13 at 15:21 ---------- That looks fine I recon... are the tail-lights from there too? So what can't you buy form rare spares - either genuine or non genuine as far as new front grill goes, rear tail light sections and the black mouldings. Can you get the chrome trim from anywhere? or what do people do with that now? Bunnings used to not sure if they still do, sell chrome strips in all sizes. Not sure if genuine calais is 8mm or 10mm, alot of people have done this. Dont know where they source it from though. Rare spares used to sell it.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 6 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today58

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 472 images saved from CT