Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

my engine keeps stalling for no reason!!!

Started by samitiny · 29 Apr 2013 · 2 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

samitinyArchived member
I have a calais turbo that has been sitting in the garage for a year and decided yesterday to service it and crank her over. Took her for a drive for about 10 mins and wen I got back to my drive way 5 mins later she turns off as if I had a turbo timer (which I dont). No coughing or splatter. After multiple attempts she wouldnt start. After half an hour she turned over first click and ran perfect. And again after 10 - 15 mins she stalls the same way Anyone that has an idea of what's going on or have had this problem please let me know Thank,
0 likes
WhiteExecArchived member
same deal here, mine was sitting for 11months and it wouldnt idle i changed the AFM and all was well after that maybe you AFM has corroded a little and doesnt want to play nice?
0 likes
vltrb-0Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by samitiny [View Post] I have a calais turbo that has been sitting in the garage for a year and decided yesterday to service it and crank her over. Took her for a drive for about 10 mins and wen I got back to my drive way 5 mins later she turns off as if I had a turbo timer (which I dont). No coughing or splatter. After multiple attempts she wouldnt start. After half an hour she turned over first click and ran perfect. And again after 10 - 15 mins she stalls the same way Anyone that has an idea of what's going on or have had this problem please let me know Thank, crank angle sensor
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today32

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 227 images saved from CT