Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

VF Commodore instruments

Started by RB30DEVL · 28 Apr 2013 · 19 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

RB30DEVLArchived member
I've seen pictures of the VF Commodore, very nice looking car and I'm sure it is a very good car too, the only area I think they went wrong with is in the area of "ergonomics" (style,design, how appealing the look & feel of the car is) in the instrument panel where the speedo , etc is. This is a picture of the new layout :- I'm just wondering on peoples thoughts on that, to me , they have went to the styling of the HK-HT Kingswood and the LC-LJ Torana which doesn't really do much for me. My favourite Holden from that era was the HQ Kingswood, which broke a lot of design rules back in 1971 when it was released , the GTS 350 HQ Monaro had an awesome instrument layout too. This is only my personal thought, it's like when they stuffed up the HJ Kingswood and went all American with that & the overall design of the car , trying to make it look like a Cadillac rather than a Holden, the HX, HZ & WB Kingswood, they went back to the older style instrument layout which looked better than HJ's, I'm not saying that's a stuff up in the VF, it just doesn't appeal to me much. They did the same with the VK Commodore by making the instruments & dash all "box shaped" to give that car an American feel, to give you the illusion that it was a bigger car when in fact it was still the same as the VH in size. What I'm thinking of is what Commodore should I buy next? Should I wait till the next model after the VF comes out and that's all refined, no one knows the Commodores future to date, or should I just get a VE SSV? They've went ahead in the VE's and fitted wireless transmitters inside the wheel rims to let the on board computer and you know what the tyre pressures are, they are attached to the valve stems, the problem here is if you get a puncture and end up riding on the steel rim there is a high possibility of stuffing them up, at $160 each from Holden , they're not cheap. I was thinking if they ever stuffed up on me and I had that model of Commodore I'd try to find someone who can delete that from the cars on board computers software and just keep checking tyre pressures once a week because I'm not too lazy to do that, that's if there was any indicator there that became a nuisance, a bit like the SRS airbag business. I can get the stubby aerials for both the VE & VF because the factory ones stick out like "dogs balls" on the read windscreen, no offence to our dog Libby in the avatar, she's a female. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
YetiArchived member
What does your boss think?
0 likes
BigM22Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by RB30DEVL [View Post] I'm just wondering on peoples thoughts on that, to me , they have went to the styling of the HK-HT Kingswood and the LC-LJ Torana which doesn't really do much for me. . Wow... Just wow
0 likes
12maneymArchived member
you sir are a muppet
0 likes
jetsonracArchived member
Hk ,ht , lc,lj. Beautiful cars real Aussie muscle
0 likes
CYNICLArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by RB30DEVL [View Post] They've went ahead in the VE's and fitted wireless transmitters inside the wheel rims to let the on board computer and you know what the tyre pressures are, they are attached to the valve stems, the problem here is if you get a puncture and end up riding on the steel rim there is a high possibility of stuffing them up, at $160 each from Holden , they're not cheap. I can get the stubby aerials for both the VE & VF because the factory ones stick out like "dogs balls" on the read windscreen, no offence to our dog Libby in the avatar, she's a female. You are always good for a laugh you crazy kent
0 likes
SteffArchived member
Your for the bin. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Cute dog RB30DVL, that is my only input.
0 likes
INFLYTmelbArchived member
very VE-esque, but the changes look good Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Jeffo_vltArchived member
HK Kingswood: LJ Torana: Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
jetsonracArchived member
^^nice
0 likes
Matt.Archived member
Has there recently been an escape from a secure unit?
0 likes
AlthoatsArchived member
thanks for wasting my time
0 likes
Stock_87Archived member
Your posts turn my brain to puddin' Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
FLY-03LArchived member
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
PSI-EFIArchived member
you are one special person, baby jesus <3's you. hold in there buddy!!
0 likes
REALISTArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by RB30DEVL [View Post] I can get the stubby aerials for both the VE & VF because the factory ones stick out like "dogs balls" on the read windscreen, no offence to our dog Libby in the avatar, she's a female. mate you should organise a group buy for these aerials
0 likes
Stock_87Archived member
I'd like to hear what the dog has to say about all of this.
0 likes
YetiArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Stock_87 [View Post] I'd like to hear what the dog has to say about all of this. (http://s33.photobucket.com/user/Chiows/media/KettleCallingPotBlack1_zpsb9c4b6a4.jpg.html) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
SteffArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Stock_87 [View Post] I'd like to hear what the dog has to say about all of this. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today46

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 354 images saved from CT