Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Ls1 valley cover

Started by BRETT lS1 · 25 Apr 2013 · 6 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

BRETT lS1Archived member
Hi guys just a general question To do with the valley cover CNC machining have made a valley cover for ls1 but it doesn't have the holes for the sensor wiring Are those sensors important to the engine as all I got from them was "no" So need more advice from people who know what they are talking about!! Thanks Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
AriArchived member
Those are your knock sensors. Would be a very bad idea to get rid of them.
0 likes
BRETT lS1Archived member
That's what I thought but according to him u don't need them But I guess u say anything u need to To sell an item
0 likes
InsaneVLArchived member
You could rewire the knock sensors and run them elsewhere on the block - LS3/LS7/LSX run them 1 on either side of the block instead of in the valley. Depending on room available, with a bit of wiring - you can have your valley cover and keep your knock sensors too.
0 likes
Duke57TTArchived member
Any photos of that Insano? I don't think the early model blocks will have any provisions for it, or are you talking drill tap install kind of deal.
0 likes
InsaneVLArchived member
I'll see what I can find. When my mate got his LSX454 and went to wire up a LS1 loom onto it - the knock sensors were no where to be seen in the valley plate. Found out the LS3/LS7/LSX run them on the side of the motors. Picked up some LS1 knock sensors and screwed them into holes they fit. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Duke57TTArchived member
I'll stick my head down the side of the block but I don't think I have those provisions in my LS6 Iron Block Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today64

4,825 threads, 30,077 posts and 499 images saved from CT

14.1% of indexed threads saved