Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Lets say there are two identical VL Turbos. Same condition, age, colour, etc etc.
The only difference between the two being one is a genuine factory turbo, the other is a NA converted to turbo.
Which one would command a higher price, or are they worth the same?
0 likes
Assuming they are the same condition and have identical parts I'd say the genuine one would be worth more because if you had the option between the two most people would go for the factory plated one. If the converted one was in better condition it may fetch more of course but for some people the plates do matter.
0 likes
In most cases, assuming mint condition, factory turbo would be worth more
0 likes
No brainer genuine. Tags say a lot
0 likes
would you rather a genuine xy gt or a xy habib did up as a gt in his backyard?
0 likes
Depends on the cars and pictures would tell the story but the genuine car is worth more. Easily.
0 likes
Thanks guys, it confirms what I think too. Genuine beats conversion/imitation any day.
I just had some guy try and convince me today that a converted car would be worth more than my factory Berlina Turbo (which coincidentally I am trying to sell). I laughed.
0 likes