Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Epic fail!!

Started by INFLYTmelb · 22 Apr 2013 · 18 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

INFLYTmelbArchived member
guys, what are your thoughts about this??? http://www.tradeuniquecars.com.au/de...ommodore/89034 (http://www.tradeuniquecars.com.au/detail/cars/cars/holden/commodore/89034)
0 likes
*LOACH*Archived member
I actually kind of like it. It seems to be following the heritage of the earlier group Cs in terms of the wheels flares, I love aero bodykits and it has the comforts of a Calais. Personally I would prefer to have a non flip front and a red paint job. I have seen plenty of other VLs that look an awful lot worse than that - for example anything painted pink.
0 likes
LUXJETArchived member
im on the fence. i think the vl ss grpa and walkys are the only real vl V8 models, the vl is ALL about the nissan motor thats whats makes them unique. leave the group c's and tough flares ect to the previous models.
0 likes
ss nutArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by LUXJET [View Post] im on the fence. i think the vl ss grpa and walkys are the only real vl V8 models, the vl is ALL about the nissan motor thats whats makes them unique. leave the group c's and tough flares ect to the previous models. I tend to agree but I would throw the SV88 in with the V8s as well.It was not as in your face as the others but I like them. Cheers Marty
0 likes
jmz-anthArchived member
VEEERY different
0 likes
nuknfutsArchived member
i actually really like it... its just got that look about it for me.... Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
InsaneVLArchived member
While its not something I would go out and do to my car - it somehow looks like it goes quite well... oddly... sorta makes me feel weird for not hating it. I don't think its worth $45k though... its a body kit on a 5L VL Calais with a nice paint job.
0 likes
LUXJETArchived member
Yeah there's heaps of work in it but it would barely fetch 10k IMO. Sv88 were too subtle to have that big beefy 'I've got a snarling monster under the bonnet' look to them. Anything in between a calais LE and a director looks like comfort and elegance, not a Bathurst big banger.
0 likes
Kasman88Archived member
i like it. rear wheel can be wider, grill doesnt suit, and rear bar should be aero too.. and perhaps someone should attempt on with a walky bonnet.
0 likes
BoyracerArchived member
What grille? I still kinda like it, I wouldn't call it an epic fail, for all that fibreglass you would expect more than 130kw.
0 likes
12maneymArchived member
im sorry but that is an abortion
0 likes
HTURBOArchived member
Not to sure about it either. Brock director front bumper, Group A bonnet scoop & looks like a VK wing. I reckon it's a bits a. A bit of this & a bit of that LOL
0 likes
PistolArchived member
Kinda looks like the tru-blu xd falcon...def not worth $45k..
0 likes
wlk21Archived member
wooooohhhhhhh a case of too much money, too little taste
0 likes
DA HOONArchived member
thats pretty cool
0 likes
trkwpnArchived member
Horrible
0 likes
MUSArchived member
That thing is horrible.
0 likes
WhiteExecArchived member
+ 1 on the too much money not much taste comment Looks sort of edible, after 3 bottles of scotch and 5 cases of beer...i guess lol Why would someone even think of doing something like that? But then leaving the stock engine in it too... *puke*
0 likes
OKMYGOArchived member
Love the group c look..
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 12 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 47 images saved from CT