Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

Messing about with my turbo inlet

Started by Stock_87 · 21 Apr 2013 · 14 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

Stock_87Archived member
Hi, I read Dixies famous thread about dose pipes and need to choose one. I currently have a 3" 15 cm pipe on my tx5 which doses so loud it's ridiculous. I'm thinking of having no dose pipe and just enjoying a really loud spool and a 'thhrrrererere' kind of compressor surge however I'm worried about heat and dust. I was going to clamp some super fine mesh over the nose?
0 likes
PROGMHArchived member
May the fun begin...
0 likes
Stock_87Archived member
I have three real choices here. 1) Attach a pipe with a pod that goes directly into air-dam. Clean but **** dose 2) Attach 3" 15cm pipe, extremely loud dose 3) No inlet pipe, amazing spool, interesting dose but kinda dirty and hot.
0 likes
PROGMHArchived member
So what's your question?
0 likes
Stock_87Archived member
Just wanted to prod the forums on this lazy sunday afternoon to try and get my motivation movin'
0 likes
TUXEDOArchived member
Put your penis in the front of the turbo and get someone to rev the engine.
0 likes
3lturboArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXEDO [View Post] Put your penis in the front of the turbo and get someone to rev the engine. Hahahahaha!
0 likes
Stock_87Archived member
Been down that track already, let's just say it gave a whole new meaning to 'boost spike'.
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Fu** me dead!
0 likes
Wkd_VlArchived member
The young generation of ct lol
0 likes
Stock_87Archived member
Agreed, what a **** I am. Anyway I covered my inlet with some cheeky mesh and have quite a hectik spool but a rather less than spaztik dose. Compressor surge is approaching off titz, in retrospec.
0 likes
PROGMHArchived member
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Stock_87Archived member
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
IMCRZYArchived member
What the fcuk lol
0 likes
Wkd_VlArchived member
fried kid
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 5 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today47

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 354 images saved from CT