Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

My 1987 VL Berlina Introduction

Started by Stock_87 · 19 Apr 2013 · 5 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

Stock_87Archived member
Gday and thanks for viewing. I really hope you enjoy my pride; my 1987 VL Commodore Berlina N/A RB30. I purchased this tidy VL Berlina from a bloke who bought it off an elderly couple. It was a 'groceries car in the week and church car on the weekend from the country' to quote. It has a genuine 128xxxkms, incredibly immaculate interior and paint to match. The bloke who previously owned it replaced the suspension with KMAC adjustable coils, pedders shortened shocks etc. It has upgraded VT brakes and master cylinder. Exhaust is a humble 2.25" cat-back (i'm considering extractors?). This car is otherwise COMPLETELY stock as it should be including dealership stickers, radio and the likes. I like to keep this car in the garage with a car cover, steering lock and fuel pump cut during the week. On the weekends it get's detailed and driven. It drives like a new car, that's all I can say. I enjoy the factory radio (parcel shelf has not been cut for speakers) playing 80s cassettes like INXS, Crowded House, Phil Collins etc just for the authenticity haha. Anyway I could go on forever so I hope you enjoy the car as much as I do. (if you don't like it no need to hate-post). *Sorry if some of the photos are extremely large..I don't know why imageshack is doing this..i'm not happy with the photos. Exterior: Interior: Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
fleasArchived member
Cool pics and nice to see more of the interior as well. Send some of the oversize pics to [email removed] I'll re-size them. Close up of rear dealer stickers would be appreciated in the original thread. F
0 likes
Stock_87Archived member
thanks mate, what im gonna do is take some pro shots with a decent camera, upload bigger pics and continue the original thread I think or maybe post in 'N/A VL' area. This area doesnt seem to get many views?
0 likes
fleasArchived member
Yeah, initial thread's copping most views at the moment so maybe post there. Only the more dedicated come and read these sections. Also in VL turbo section there is a thread called 'The Original thread'. Dealership sticker pics would be appreciated there. Cheers
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
its nice but do something about the rim choice. hubcaps ftw. VN v8 or VL turbo would be 100% better than chrome ringed stockies. even 14" berlina hubcaps look good.
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Very clean example.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 5 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today47

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 354 images saved from CT