Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Meets & events
Meets & events

Vic plates - remake

Started by dimples · 16 Apr 2013 · 11 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

dimplesArchived member
Hey everyone As a noob to Victoria, thought I'd ask this here as the vicroads site didn't really tell me what I needed to know... My Berliner has the original plates on it since new, however they have aged terribly... My question is, is if I wanted to keep the same plates but have them remade, do I have to pay to get custom plates? Or is there a remake fee? In nsw I vaguely remember the rta replacing plates if they were made between a certain date as they were ageing quickly... Cheers James
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Yes. If you want new plates for your berliner you will have to pay. Call vic roads, will be under $100. I think $70 from memory, could be wrong.
0 likes
dimplesArchived member
Cheers mate. Oops, meant Berlina but iPad had user issues. Cheers
0 likes
XEC747Archived member
I thought you may have been talking about a VN being a boat and all Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Matt.Archived member
I had to get my original plates remade last time I got defected as they'd worn. Cost me $58.
0 likes
dimplesArchived member
Sweet ill order some new ones when I transfer the rego :-) Cheers everyone
0 likes
bar0034Archived member
They don't remake the plates with victoria the place to be on them it just says victoria and the reg
0 likes
PROGMHArchived member
It'll be the newer version and colours of the plates with the same rego, not green
0 likes
Matt.Archived member
My remade ones are still the white background with green writing, except instead of saying 'Victoria- The Garden State', they just say 'Victoria' underneath. I did get asked if I wanted a different colour combination other than standard, but there was a slight extra cost and I figured they may have looked like custom plates if I were to do that, which I didn't want them to and so I opted for the standard green & white. Also you're allowed to keep your original worn Garden State plates, I've put my old pair aside and if I sell the car, they'll go with it just for originality's sake.
0 likes
inkedArchived member
what ive done in the past is just touched up the lettering with some paint, but just depends how far gone your plates are.
0 likes
Stock_87Archived member
I want to keep my garden state plates looking good so I put those old school lined frames over them. $20 from super****
0 likes
SHY355Archived member
i was in vicroads 2 days ago asking the same question i have standard plates with victoria the place to be that are worn i asked about a new set the guy told me $395 to make my plates again white with blue border and victoria the place to be under it fu ckn rip if you ask me since there made in jail lol
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today31

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 217 images saved from CT