Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

Probationary Turbo exemption

Started by Stock_87 · 16 Apr 2013 · 10 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

Stock_87Archived member
Hi all, so I've had my 1989 TX5 Turbo exempted for over a year now on my P2 Probationary licence. No real police trouble lately however since adding a front mount intercooler, loud dose pipe and coilovers i'm starting to get nervous. Can they do me any demerit points? ---------- Post added 16-04-13 at 13:35 ---------- Here's a timeline of my sheer obnoxiousness ending with somewhat subtley. Rock stocker! (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/4/img1717pq.jpg/) Uh oh.. Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us) Okay i'm just asking for it now. ..and as subtle as it gets (the plate is now centre and bar re attached) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
freEze_dKArchived member
Your lucky to be exempt, why the added wank factor?
0 likes
PetrosArchived member
For starters I would be putting your P plates back up onto the windows Next - in one photo I can see the bottom of your bar - and in the next it looks like you have cut it off? If I was you - put the proper bar back on and paint your cooler and the pipes a dull black. otherwise you are screaming for trouble
0 likes
Stock_87Archived member
Added wank factor: Turbo was getting hot, needed an intercooler, struts were broken found coilovers, cut bar because I was oh-so excited to have an intercooler and the fact that i'm a ****ing asshole probably added to the wank factor Petros, I re attached the bar in the cheapest, filthiest way I could. The photos (time wise) were back back to front. I should gather some paint and give it a coat definately.
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Petros [View Post] For starters I would be putting your P plates back up onto the windows Next - in one photo I can see the bottom of your bar - and in the next it looks like you have cut it off? If I was you - put the proper bar back on and paint your cooler and the pipes a dull black. otherwise you are screaming for trouble And raise it. Otherwise pretty clean.
0 likes
freEze_dKArchived member
I was mostly talking about the dose pipe
0 likes
Stock_87Archived member
You's don't like dosing on calaisturbo.com?
0 likes
Duke57TTArchived member
Young men that know no better like dosing, yes.
0 likes
Stock_87Archived member
Hey that's me! Nah in all honesty a little TX5 dropping a loud dose is allright..it's funny makes people smile/say poaahhh/turn away in disgust. I hope when I introduce my VL all will be forgiven. It's tasteful and respectful of the original VL. ---------- Post added 17-04-13 at 12:33 ---------- yeah nah I've had enough, i'm getting some black locust net over the cooler and removing turbo badges tonight..
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Just get a spray can dude. Half the hassel.
0 likes
Stock_87Archived member
Yeah sprayed the ******* matte black and smashed some net over it, removed badges. Yep
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today32

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 227 images saved from CT