Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Electric aerial connection?

Started by chief355 · 14 Apr 2013 · 3 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

chief355Archived member
I have recently taken my sunglass holder and heater switch assembly out of my dash and noticed what I believe to be the power aerial socket/lead unplugged. Do these plug into the stereo? My power aerial has not been working and would like to know where this cable goes to? Cheers
0 likes
ROB2019Archived member
I'm sure the aerial connects to the electric aerial module , which is located above the ecu in the passenger side kick panel .
0 likes
chief355Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by ROB2019 [View Post] I'm sure the aerial connects to the electric aerial module , which is located above the ecu in the passenger side kick panel . I had a look above ECU and noticed a red plastic fuse holder. Is this the fuse for aerial ? I have two similar fittings that can plug into the standard antenna connection for the factory radio/cassette player. These are found behind the astray. Also when I press the switch for electric aerial you can hear a clicking sound behind/near glove box.
0 likes
ROB2019Archived member
Sounds like the power to the aerial is fine the clicking sound is most likely the aerial runner is striped u can repair them . But it's better to replace the whole unit . The wire under the ash tray is probably the antenna signal wire . ---------- Post added 14-04-13 at 19:20 ---------- And yea that red fuse holder is for the aerial . Take the fuse out the clicking should stop .. It's a thick black cable behind tha ash tray ? Yea
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 10 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today62

3,774 threads, 23,878 posts and 472 images saved from CT