Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Vl Manual Pedalbox

Started by bck2basic · 13 Apr 2013 · 6 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

bck2basicArchived member
I'm putting a 5 litre in my vl with a t5, now I've got a v8 pedal box, but what I'm unsure of is 2 things; will I need to buy a rubber insulator for behind the pedalbox on the inside of the firewall, or can I use the existing 6 cylinder one (if there is one), or can I use 6mm washers between the pedalbox and firewall? The other thing is will I need to modify the firewall where the dampner fits on to the pedalbox or is the hole big enough for it already? If you know what I mean. I have a standard 6 cylinder if its any help. Thanks
0 likes
bck2basicArchived member
Bump, anyone know?
0 likes
NASTY1Archived member
You need to cur a hole from memory for it to fit.
0 likes
bck2basicArchived member
Ok thanks and what about the pedalbox?
0 likes
capssyArchived member
the auto rubber will work youll have to cut out the clutch side hole
0 likes
bck2basicArchived member
Ok, but I deffinatly need a rubber insulator there?
0 likes
NASTY1Archived member
you can get away witha vh 6cyl pedal box but the pedal sits up really high
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 3 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today64

4,847 threads, 30,152 posts and 499 images saved from CT

14.2% of indexed threads saved