Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

For the people keen on aftermarket VL fuserails please read.....

Started by STOWLN · 12 Apr 2013 · 10 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

STOWLNArchived member
Hey guys thought id post up as i know theres alot of you guys out there that have paid for those fuserails by "niche" and have gotten nothing out of it. Im not sure if anyone has actually recieved any money back, but for the guys that are still keen in these, i have done some homework and have found the contacts and can source the upfront money to get these made for any of you out there. If you guys were happy with the current ones thats fine, it can be made as close to them no problem, my only issue is i need one in my hands to get it started. So if theres anyone out there that has either a spare one or even one in a car, im happy to pay the cash to either have your one removed from the car and be replaced by a factory type for a short period of time untill i can get these made for all of you. Im happy to pay extra money to the one that can help me out with one, so please let me know. thanks guys.
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
dooo eet! the LED rails would be mint especially as mine has recently melted and I CBF replacing it with a standard item which will probably do the same down the track. plus the under bonnet lights are a mint idea.
0 likes
ss nutArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by STOWLN [View Post] Hey guys thought id post up as i know theres alot of you guys out there that have paid for those fuserails by "niche" and have gotten nothing out of it. Im not sure if anyone has actually recieved any money back, but for the guys that are still keen in these, i have done some homework and have found the contacts and can source the upfront money to get these made for any of you out there. If you guys were happy with the current ones thats fine, it can be made as close to them no problem, my only issue is i need one in my hands to get it started. So if theres anyone out there that has either a spare one or even one in a car, im happy to pay the cash to either have your one removed from the car and be replaced by a factory type for a short period of time untill i can get these made for all of you. Im happy to pay extra money to the one that can help me out with one, so please let me know. thanks guys. I like this man!He's got a solution to solve the problem,If I had one I would give it to you for free. Cheers Marty
0 likes
SHIZNTArchived member
I'm not sure how the law side of things work but didn't Niche patent his fuse rails? I would be careful, if he's in financial strife he may see this as a way better his situation if you produce a near identical product.
0 likes
Duke57TTArchived member
He was selling the patent for $5K
0 likes
3lturboArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by SHIZNT [View Post] I'm not sure how the law side of things work but didn't Niche patent his fuse rails? I would be careful, if he's in financial strife he may see this as a way better his situation if you produce a near identical product. Even if they are patented there are still ways around making a similar item. Like SS Nut, good idea. I'll buy a couple off you once they're done.
0 likes
Ajvx01Archived member
All depend what he patented... Can't patent a fuse rail just what made it unique so if he slightly changes it to say a neon indicator fuse rail or fuse rail that takes t5 globes (led replacements readily available) he'd most likely be home and hosed.. Electrical work, Adelaide all areas. Pm me.
0 likes
STOWLNArchived member
Copyright laws is if I made the the object like his, and continued to use his name on it. Example: how many things u see these days were the product is pretty much the same but the name is different? The whole world does it. But funny that were on this topic cause back then I was buying a fair bit off him as my VL customers r always asking for one, and I even offered to continue what his doing to help you guys out been in the trade and he said no. There's already a few areas I would change/improve on the unit anyway but the contacts I have need too see something in front of em which is why I've asked for one. Like I said this thing can happen 100%, and I don't even need a deposit, just the support of the people who want this Fuserail.
0 likes
TheChadArchived member
As I've said, you're walking a fine line with what you're asking and proposing here, so please be careful. As I've also said, I'm keen. I won't been keen to pay in advance, at least not until there has been some indication of actual working rails out there. But you seem to have it covered. I will follow this with interest, and ill take one when you get it all together.
0 likes
TOPFLYTArchived member
STOWLN: Im happy to help you out if your still chasing one of Niche's fuse rails.
0 likes
rb25vlt8Archived member
Keen on one once you get it sorted mate
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 11 guests active in the last 15 minutes

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 47 images saved from CT