Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Hi, I just purchased a standard vl turbo and not sure what size exhaust to use on my set up for best results. I will be looking at getting a full stainless from and including cat. Will a 3 inch be fine with a standard set up as eventually I will be improving the motor. Any brands of mufflers and cats to look for?
Thanks
0 likes
3" mate from dump pipe back with hiflow 3" cat and 3" straight thru muffler then you dont need to update later
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by madrex
[View Post]
3" mate from dump pipe back with hiflow 3" cat and 3" straight thru muffler then you dont need to update later
Will a 3" set up make it run like crap on a standard turbo engine set up? I will be driving it with a standard engine for a while , no intercooler ect. Cheers.
0 likes
turbo's love large exhausts and don't need back pressure, stock or modded
plus the turbo actually acts as a muffler making them nice and quiet
0 likes
My car is stock besides full 3 inch exhaust, runs beautiful, sounds nice, isn't loud! You won't have a problem!!
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanoVLCT
[View Post]
My car is stock besides full 3 inch exhaust, runs beautiful, sounds nice, isn't loud! You won't have a problem!!
Thanks guyz, was originally a V8 owner so I have a lot to learn. I will be restoring car to as original as possible. This will include full respray when budget allows.
0 likes
If budgets an issue, don't bother with stainless.
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bax
[View Post]
If budgets an issue, don't bother with stainless.
I agree
0 likes
would a full 3" system be within the legal DB limit and legal?
0 likes
09-04-13, 16:33 GMT+10#10 Im not sure about DB... Mines got mandrel bent 3" with one muffler and its not exceptionally loud
0 likes
09-04-13, 16:45 GMT+10#11 3 inch mandrel bent from turbo back. Stainless is for pussies. haha Jokes.
0 likes
09-04-13, 16:57 GMT+10#12 Quote:
Originally Posted by FLY-03L
[View Post]
Im not sure about DB... Mines got mandrel bent 3" with one muffler and its not exceptionally loud
Just got a few prices (around $850 for mild steel) high flow cats and muffler all in 3". Any brands of cat and mufflers to look for or are they all the same in terms of performance gain?
0 likes