Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

Holden VE Series II Audio Upgrade

Started by joeyz · 7 Apr 2013 · 2 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

joeyzArchived member
I�m a newbie when it comes to car audio so I really need some help I�ve got a 2011 Holden VE Omega Series II I want to replace all my factory speakers including the tweeters and add a sub with an amplifier I�ve also got the Holden IQ head unit, which I cannot replace because of the climate control. My budget is max $1,300 The speakers for the front and splits: Pioneer 280 watt split speakers Pioneer 280 Watt Split Speakers - Speakers - JB Hi-Fi - Smashing Prices! The 2 rear door speakers: Pioneer 6" 3-way speakers Pioneer 6" 3-way Speakers - Speakers - JB Hi-Fi - Smashing Prices! The subwoofer: Pioneer 1400 Watt 12" Sub In Box Pioneer 1400 Watt 12" Sub In Box - Subwoofer - JB Hi-Fi - Smashing Prices! The amplifier: Pioneer 4 Channel Bridgeable Amplifier GM6500F Pioneer 4 Channel Bridgeable Amplifier - Amplifier - Amp - JB Hi-Fi - Smashing Prices! I�m buying all these from JB HI FI, however I�m not getting them to install it as their dodgy and what not, so I�m going to a professional place. I live in Melbourne and I was thinking about going to one of these � Street Sound and Vision � Performance Car Audio � Freeway Car Audio � Phatt Audio Concepts a) Does anyone know roughly how much professional installers cost to install all that (including the wire/cables)? b) What is a LOC and do I need to buy one, how much are they If I do? c) Dynamat, worth using them? d) Definitely disconnect the center dash speaker as its pointless and rattles, correct? e) Should I put alpine for the front splits instead? f) The amplifier is 4 channels do I need that, or do I just need 2 channels? g) Is the subwoofer worth that price or can i get a better one ? (Sorry about heaps of questions.)
0 likes
TurismoArchived member
I have a system in my VE berlina You will need an LOC as the factory headunit dose not have any RCAs i used an LC2i. get your speakers set up first then do the sub stuff. dont under cut your system just to have it all now, you may regret it later. talk to some one at the above mentioned audio outlets they will clue you up or sell you lots of ****. Do your, homework good luck.
0 likes
pigsyArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Turismo [View Post] I have a system in my VE berlina You will need an LOC as the factory headunit dose not have any RCAs i used an LC2i. get your speakers set up first then do the sub stuff. dont under cut your system just to have it all now, you may regret it later. talk to some one at the above mentioned audio outlets they will clue you up or sell you lots of ****. Do your, homework good luck. l just got a new alpine in my clubby good unit but had some issues the poor guy who put it in screwed the amp through the carpet and went straight through the body harness shorting sh it every where awesome unit though works good all touch screen for the air con aswell
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today81

6,344 threads, 42,543 posts and 619 images saved from CT

18.5% of indexed threads saved