Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
A guy I know got a major for "to much suspension travel" and "suspicious wheel size" and got a major.. From what I thought in Victoria you had to get THREE things not rwc to get a major because wouldn't only two mean a minor? But get this, he has walls on his rims but they didn't put that in the defect notice.. Does it seem that the cop wasn't sure what to defect? *mods if put in wrong section please move*
0 likes
A major component like tyres or suspension means automatic major
0 likes
They are the cops they can give you wateva they feel like major or minor
0 likes
Adam peddit aka major defect/epa slapper king
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooe_13
[View Post]
A major component like tyres or suspension means automatic major
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHTGMH
[View Post]
They are the cops they can give you wateva they feel like major or minor
What they said.
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHTGMH
[View Post]
They are the cops they can give you wateva they feel like major or minor
thats true i suppose, i seen your car getting defected on youtube on a current affair lol
---------- Post added 05-04-13 at 15:04 ----------
i just thought there would have rules to go by when it comes to major or minor as in they have to follow specific guidelines, its wrong.
0 likes
There's this term in the law called 'officer's discretion'. It's a great thing.
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmz-anth
[View Post]
A guy I know got a major for "to much suspension travel" and "suspicious wheel size" and got a major.. From what I thought in Victoria you had to get THREE things not rwc to get a major because wouldn't only two mean a minor? But get this, he has walls on his rims but they didn't put that in the defect notice.. Does it seem that the cop wasn't sure what to defect? *mods if put in wrong section please move*
Three defective items is a myth. Minor/Major is up to the discretion of the guy writing the ticket, as is the need for rwc
0 likes
Learn something new everyday I guess
0 likes
06-04-13, 13:09 GMT+10#10 when are people going to learn and live with the fact that Cops can do what they want and thats the end of that.
0 likes
07-04-13, 15:59 GMT+10#11 Quote:
Originally Posted by jmz-anth
[View Post]
thats true i suppose, i seen your car getting defected on youtube on a current affair lol
---------- Post added 05-04-13 at 15:04 ----------
i just thought there would have rules to go by when it comes to major or minor as in they have to follow specific guidelines, its wrong.
Yeah I copped my fair share of defects lol but that's what you have to expect if you drive a modified car on the street
0 likes
07-04-13, 16:50 GMT+10#12 This thing isn't that modified compared to most though.. Just a few things and yes I know cops can do wat they want but should still have common sence with what is rwc and not rwc with a car to be able to slap a defect on a car
0 likes
07-04-13, 17:27 GMT+10#13 I just got a major defect cleared on Friday.
My defect was for having a front mount intercooler & pod filter (2 intake mods), exhaust and not enough travel in suspension.
My car has coilovers so I took the car to a suspension specialist to have the suspension adjusted within factory specifications.
The method the cops use to measure suspension travel is by pushing down on the car above the suspension and seeing how much movement it has. This is technically wrong as this measures stiffness and not the amount of travel.
The law is your suspension must have 2/3 travel. What this law means is clearance between a suspension component and its associated bump stop is not alterered by more than 1/3.
0 likes
09-04-13, 16:37 GMT+10#14 Quote:
Originally Posted by WHTGMH
[View Post]
Yeah I copped my fair share of defects lol but that's what you have to expect if you drive a modified car on the street
Does it cost you much when you get defected? Lets say you take the 19s off for the day, to pass road worthy, and then after the defect is cleared, you chuck the 19s(and everything else) back on and get pulled up again, what happens? like do you cop a bigger punishment or anything?
mint car by the way!
0 likes
09-04-13, 16:42 GMT+10#15 You cant modify your vehicle from a roadworthy state while the roadworthy certificate is valid.
0 likes
09-04-13, 20:26 GMT+10#16 Never knew that lol
---------- Post added 09-04-13 at 19:28 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHIZNT
[View Post]
I just got a major defect cleared on Friday.
My defect was for having a front mount intercooler & pod filter (2 intake mods), exhaust and not enough travel in suspension.
My car has coilovers so I took the car to a suspension specialist to have the suspension adjusted within factory specifications.
The method the cops use to measure suspension travel is by pushing down on the car above the suspension and seeing how much movement it has. This is technically wrong as this measures stiffness and not the amount of travel.
The law is your suspension must have 2/3 travel. What this law means is clearance between a suspension component and its associated bump stop is not alterered by more than 1/3.
It's just a joke sometimes, do coil overs need an engineers cert? Sounds stupid but apparently you need one as changing the hole strut etc :S did the rwc end up costing u much
0 likes
10-04-13, 07:42 GMT+10#17 Technically I think they have to be ADR approved coilovers. At the end of the day its at the discretion of the mechanic doing the rwc whither to pass it or not and I havn't had any problems so far.
A rwc will set you back $100-$150.
0 likes
13-04-13, 12:57 GMT+10#18 Quote:
Originally Posted by VSExe
[View Post]
Does it cost you much when you get defected? Lets say you take the 19s off for the day, to pass road worthy, and then after the defect is cleared, you chuck the 19s(and everything else) back on and get pulled up again, what happens? like do you cop a bigger punishment or anything?
mint car by the way!
Well every time I got defected I never had to take my 20" rims of because my tyre load rating was 93 above what the car came out with 91, I'm not to sure if the rules have changed but my mechanic use to say my*tyre load rating was above standard so I could run my rims
Technically after clearing a defect that requires a road worthy your not meant to modify your car as the road worthy is valid for 30 days and I'm guessing if you got pulled over by the same cop within those 30 days there would be some questions for the road worthy tester, I've never come across this so not 100% sure what happens
Also when I got defected I received a $299 fine but it depends on the cop if he wants to give you the fine, I always got fined because I have no respect for cops
0 likes
13-04-13, 18:50 GMT+10#19 Quote:
Originally Posted by WHTGMH
[View Post]
Well every time I got defected I never had to take my 20" rims of because my tyre load rating was 93 above what the car came out with 91, I'm not to sure if the rules have changed but my mechanic use to say my*tyre load rating was above standard so I could run my rims
Technically after clearing a defect that requires a road worthy your not meant to modify your car as the road worthy is valid for 30 days and I'm guessing if you got pulled over by the same cop within those 30 days there would be some questions for the road worthy tester, I've never come across this so not 100% sure what happens
Also when I got defected I received a $299 fine but it depends on the cop if he wants to give you the fine, I always got fined because I have no respect for cops
ahh ok, so that 2" bigger rims size is all bull****... thought so.
Do an update on your vs thread man, im waiting lol!
thanks!
are flappers legal?
0 likes
13-04-13, 20:10 GMT+10#20 Cops=revenue raisers that is all!!
0 likes