Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

VL 5.0 EFI Coversion with VR Clubsport

Started by bck2basic · 29 Mar 2013 · 8 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

bck2basicArchived member
I've just bought a vr clubsport whole running car to use as my donor car for my vl Calais 5.0 conversion and want to know if the vr v8 power steering rack will fit with little mods and if so will I be able to fit pacemaker or the standard hsv extractors? I had a read of the efi conversion thread but was getting mixed messages. The other thing I wanted to know is can I take just the manual vr pedal for the t5 off and put it on my standard vl n/a pedal box with not mods? Thanks
0 likes
NASTY1Archived member
hsv headers will fit but unsure if it will with a power steering rack.i know they fit with a manual rack thoe. you will need v8 manual pedals from vb-vl
0 likes
bck2basicArchived member
I should be able to just take the pedal from the vr clubby pedal box and put it on my vl pedal box shouldn't I? I'm sure the actual pedal will have the same mounting point!?
0 likes
NASTY1Archived member
if it was that easy yes
0 likes
boostin01Archived member
na ditch the rack and go a vl/vn one.
0 likes
YBJLS4Archived member
I've got a vq rack in my vl. No probs there. I used a set of pacies on mine too. The factory hsv headers will fit just fine
0 likes
InsaneVLArchived member
VN/VQ rack will fit VL. VP, VR, VS onwards will not.
0 likes
bck2basicArchived member
Ok awesome. But does anyone have any idea about the pedal?
0 likes
NASTY1Archived member
No on the pedal or most people would do it ---------- Post added 30-03-13 at 16:11 ---------- And expect to pay big $$$ for v8 MANual pedals
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today82

6,432 threads, 42,904 posts and 632 images saved from CT

18.8% of indexed threads saved