Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Anyone have info for:
V8 ignition system specifications?
Such as points contact gap
Dwell angle
Condensor capacity
Advance settings
Need to know some stuff for an assignment I'm doing for uni.
Can't seem to find on net to easy.
0 likes
VL's dont run points. They're electronic ignitions
0 likes
Ehh... Mayb it's a 238 or what ever they are pre vl
I had a vn at work with a 308 "from a vl" the customer told me. And that had points. Now I'm more confused lol
---------- Post added 25-03-13 at 21:07 ----------
253 sorry my bad
0 likes
Maybe you are talking pre VH 308, I think the VC 308 had points red motor?
0 likes
VN's & VL's had a 304ci w/electronic ignition. other models previous were 253's or 308ci engine.
About 3 months into production in 86 holden started installing unleaded & carby & Group A injected 4.9/304's in VL's.
Set the points with a credit card (40thou). Angle was around 30 degrees (+ or - 4 is within spec), it tells you on some of the old timing light gauges if it has a coil (green) hook up clip.
Static ignition timng was 6-8 deg BTDC (summer-winter respectively) but they always seemed more pokey at 12-18deg especially if a nice cam profile was installed.
The condensor capacity was .01uf Green Capacitor.
0 likes