Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

ID2000 injectors - Any fuel issues

Started by PWR 747 · 25 Mar 2013 · 18 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

PWR 747Archived member
Hi guys, im looking to get some id2000's and have done some research and found alot of people are haveing issues with them blocking up when using ethanol based fuels. So who runs them and what fuel are you using or intending to use? have you had any problems? Also is the only difference between the bosch ones and the id ones, that the id's are flow tested to within 1% of each other? Cheers for any help. Donny
0 likes
tzatzikiArchived member
ive got i.d2000cc running on united e85. no problems.
0 likes
PWR 747Archived member
How long have they been in for?
0 likes
tzatzikiArchived member
6 months.....car only gets driven on weekends.
0 likes
Duke57TTArchived member
E85 no issues. I would suggest poor filtration rather than injector issue.
0 likes
TURBZArchived member
I had a dud injector with id1000's, it was fine except for idle.. Other than that they have been fine with united e85 for the last 6 months.
0 likes
sherman89Archived member
I have them as does Andy psi747, both been in since last August on drum e85 with no issues. I made sure to have them cleaned as soon as I pulled them out to change my engine setup abit. I know of a few people that have had problems with them after they sit for extended periods without being cleaned.
0 likes
HYPED6Archived member
^^^ This man knows. We have sold probably 50 sets of the Bosch ev14 injectors from 550cc to 2200cc I have seen 3 sets fail. Each set was from sitting for extended periods and exposed to oxygen after they had been used in ethanol/methanol. Bosch will not warranty there 2200cc injectors as they are not rated for any fluid. Leave them in and have no problems. If you take them out flush/soak in WD/rp7 etc.
0 likes
PWR 747Archived member
cool thanks guys
0 likes
TroyVKArchived member
Yep I had a set get ****ed after I didn't clean them when I pulled them out Best thing to do if your pulling them out for a long period is run normal fuel threw them 1st or as Sean said, clean them straight away Very expensive exercise! My true id2000s where stuffed so I went n bought some Bosch 1s From what I've read to is that the id2000 don't like oxygenated fuels
0 likes
sherman89Archived member
Running normal ulp isn't really a solution, that does the same As ethanol. Get them cleaned, then put them in a ziplock bag! And take time when installing the injecter, it's pretty easy to damage the orings!
0 likes
PWR 747Archived member
just picked up a set tonight, all good info for the future, thanks
0 likes
Jet R31Archived member
I have a set of ev14's 750cc, i took them out 6 weeks ago only run on 98, and put them straight in a ziplock bag and then in a container aswell , I fitted them back in motor last week...you've all made me paranoid now and i am going to rip them out and get them cleaned...lol cheers darren
0 likes
gt42Archived member
I'd 2000s having a leaning out issue on 25 psi after done a shell swap with previosly e85 and now leaning out.reasons ?
0 likes
ezduz10sArchived member
i wouldn't use these injectors, have been many failures I have heard about, get the siemens 2433cc injectors
0 likes
MorgzArchived member
Those siemens are too big on the street for most cars. There are some good write ups as to why. http://insightmotorsports.com.au/pro...000-163-0.html (http://insightmotorsports.com.au/products/ID2000-163-0.html) "Looking at the graph, there are several things here worth noting. The first is the flow. The Siemens Deka flows 2390cc/min and the ID2000 flows 2224cc/min which explains the higher flow values at the right side of the graph. Looking at the Siemens Deka, you can see that the flow deviates sharply from linearity starting at 1.45 milliseconds where the flow is 192cc/min. While this will get the job done on a 500+ cubic inch Chevy big block, we're going to be well into the "ugly" range of the injector on a smaller engine. If using the Siemens Deka at these lower pulse widths, we would be dealing with the same problems that we have with the Bosch1600s, but to a lesser degree. The ID2000 extends cleanly down to 1.07 milliseconds and 88cc/min which is less than half the flow of the Siemens Deka. Therefore the ID2000 will certainly give us the extension needed for smaller displacement motors". I ditched my injector filters and they are spot on, and very streetable off boost and when idleing around.
0 likes
ezduz10sArchived member
As with most things it all comes down to the tuner, I have seen cars with 1000cc or 1200cc run and drive like crap
0 likes
GM.0870Archived member
Anymore bad experience's?
0 likes
sherman89Archived member
I ended up having an issue that came down to one of these failing, i switched to siemens 2433's at the start of 2014 and have not had an issue with them.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 11 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 47 images saved from CT