Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

True or false?

Started by suss13 · 22 Mar 2013 · 6 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

suss13Archived member
Selling a series 2 vl Calais non turbo, have a guy tryin to say that series 2 Calais came out factory with an a8 block, I'm 200km away from car to check but I'm certain 100% factory non turbo blocks are a6????
0 likes
vltrb-0Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by suss13 [View Post] Selling a series 2 vl Calais non turbo, have a guy tryin to say that series 2 Calais came out factory with an a8 block, I'm 200km away from car to check but I'm certain 100% factory non turbo blocks are a6???? "series 2" blocks all had oil feed/water feed lines is what he means otherwise he's snorting coke
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Factory non turbo engines are all a6, factory turbo engines are all a8
0 likes
suss13Archived member
What do u meen by that just do I can clarify to him, do I meen it has water and oil lines tapped to the block from factory for turbo feed and return lines? ---------- Post added 22-03-13 at 14:15 ---------- Cheers
0 likes
hurtinitArchived member
basically.. you are both right
0 likes
AnfyzArchived member
its not marked a8 but its basically a turbo block with the lines pre drilled hes either mentally unstable or not making himself clear. definately an a6 block mate dont stress
0 likes
ss nutArchived member
Same block just has the oil lines pre drilled,Nothing different apart from that. Cheers Marty
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today32

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 227 images saved from CT