Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Vt ls1 oxy sensors

Started by IDAREU · 14 Mar 2013 · 3 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

IDAREUArchived member
So I'm having a drama wit my vt. the engine light has been coming up for a few weeks sayin 1 of the oxy sensors is stuffed. So I had them replaced today. 10 mins up the rd wit the new sensors engine light pops up. Now says that both sensors are stuffed. Car is basically std except pacemaker extractors n twin 2 1/2" exhaust. Has any body had issues like this? What else should I b looking at?
0 likes
FRASHDArchived member
This used to happen when the vt ls1 first came out and aftermarket exhaust systems were fitted. I would recommend getting a scan tool hooked up to it and checking the cycle rate of the sensors. From this pont options are tune, if problem can't be solved.
0 likes
IDAREUArchived member
Thanks mate. What should the cycle rate be? It's very strange as it has brought the average consumption down from 14.4L to round 10.6L round town. So it's clearly fixed the fuel bill problem but now my engine light comes on every time I drive it after about 10 mins.
0 likes
IDAREUArchived member
For future reference for anybody. I ended up changing sensors to Bosch 1s. N it fixed the problems. Turns out the other 1s were ngk.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today81

6,358 threads, 42,591 posts and 619 images saved from CT

18.6% of indexed threads saved