Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Hi guys I have just bought a hq 2 door factory v8 Monaro! It's has the 308 in it, is there anyway online or by contacting Holden that they can tell me if the engine in it is still the original? Any help is appreciated! Cheers
0 likes
The only way will be via original paperwork.
It will match the HQ by being a QR or QT prefix however (from memory). That's why people that do them up buy old junker HQ engines as the prefix suits their car.
0 likes
Yeah I get ya Bretty! I'm sure that when I have looked at buying other monaros some of them have new paperwork in the pics from Holden stateing info about the car itself!
0 likes
Yeah holden can authenticate the car and send a letter out giving its build information which would include engine number
0 likes
Well there ya go? So they will gimme build Info and orig engine number?
0 likes
When I called hsv bout my old senator. All they could verify was the shell number n what engine it had (whether it was a stroker or normal 5L). They didn't record engine numbers. And it was goin to cost me 100 buks for the paper of the car.
0 likes
Dosnt rego papers show engine number?
0 likes
I want to know if it's original engine in the car from 1972!
0 likes
14-03-13, 16:49 GMT+10#10 holden will but if you can get incontact with kingswood country in vic he has the microfische and if he can find it he can tell ya original engine box and selling dealer
0 likes
14-03-13, 20:23 GMT+10#11 i have no idea what you just said sorry lol
0 likes
14-03-13, 21:08 GMT+10#12 Deano google them and give them
A buzz,
0 likes
15-03-13, 06:57 GMT+10#13 Kingswood Country - 9532 5806
0 likes
15-03-13, 08:30 GMT+10#14 Get the casting number date off the engine block for a start,The if it is a later cast you are out of luck.
Cheers Marty
0 likes