Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Sounds like theres rocks in my front tyre.

Started by Jordo92 · 11 Mar 2013 · 5 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

Jordo92Archived member
I gotta know something guys, in my front right tyre/suspension etc. sounds like there are heaps of rocks stuck in the tyre, if you get the sound I'm talking about, best noise I could work off, but anyways I was hoping you fellas might be able to give me some answers and possibly tips on what it could be and what I could do to try work it out myself instead of taking it to a mechanic straight up!
0 likes
CruzeVLArchived member
Sounds like wheel bearings.......jack it up and feel for play & spin the wheel up by hand. Could be stones caught in the brake callipers maybe. Does it do it over bumps, or also on a smooth surface, more info needed.....
0 likes
Jordo92Archived member
Pretty much every time I drive, so you think jack it up and spin the wheel and check all the brakes?
0 likes
LUXJETArchived member
Get your hands dirty and you'll find something, if you don't know what your doing be careful or take it to a pro
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
take off the ai valve cap and shake around the wheel while looking inside. You should be able to see if thees anything in there Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
FLY-03LArchived member
yea bearing for sure... did you take off the dust cover to fit rims on your car?
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 5 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today47

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 354 images saved from CT