Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
Hello CT
Ive had a couple of threads on here previously where motivation and direction were lacking for financial reasons and mostly being relyant on other people. Between now and first joining ct, ive gone through a calais, 2 wagons and exec but i just cant seem to get rid of the vl bug.
My latest venture was found by pure accident. I was planning to convert a bog stock auto exec into a turbo manual sleeper and was on the way to grab a full manual conversion..... and then I saw this
[IMG] [/IMG]
Genuine 5L Berlina. Originally not for sale but we worked out a deal.
Make / Model: 1987 VL Berlina
Colour: Gold (originally kimberly bronze, resprayed at some point)
Bodykit: None
Engine Type: 304 V8
Engine Mods: Cam (unsure of specs), K&N Air Filter
Power: Untested
Exhaust: Extractors into 3inch pipe with centre muffler
Gearbox: 3 speed auto
Diff: Unsure of specs
Brakes: Disc all round
Suspension: Lowered all round
Wheels/Tyres: 15" Calais Wheels in need of a polish
Interior: Beige
Stereo: Plays Metal
Other Mods: None
Future mods: Plans are to fix a few little things such as trim and the interior
- Set of wheels, probably VE SSV'S
- Personalised plates
- Major service and familiarise myself with carbys
- Redo the suspension, possibly coilovers
For now she'll be just a nice cruiser. Few more pics from this afternoon
[IMG] [/IMG]
[IMG] [/IMG]
[IMG] [/IMG]
[IMG] [/IMG]
[IMG] [/IMG]
[IMG] [/IMG]
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Wow thats pretty clean mate, not to mention 5L VLs are damn rare... especially a 5L berlina
I was following your wagon build, but good luck with this one!
Im starting to really like the gold vls for some reason, even the calais mags seem to suit it
0 likes
Cheers mate. I was half hearted with wagon and kept getting stuffed around. Love the sound of a v8 so I plant to look after this one
0 likes
Nice buy man, I reckon polished calais rims and black venetians would make this look clean as...
Thanks nick
0 likes
I would definantly like to get a set of ve ssv's, so once there on I might send the Calais wheels to get polished.
Also will be chasing a set o f beige berlina front door trims as the current ones have speaker holes cut. Will have some interior shots in the next few days.
Cheers for the comments guys, keep them coming
0 likes
Love it; re-align the front bumper moulds and get a hold of an SL, Exec, Berlina style nosecone badge.
Looking forward to progress pics.
0 likes
Looks very nice. I miss my 5L Calais that I sold last year due to lack of motivation and money (plus needing money), really wish I had kept it. For what they are the old 5L's are still fun to drive.
Hope the plans for this one pan out well.
0 likes
looks clean as mate good score, will look good with the ssv's on her.
0 likes
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12maneym
[View Post]
looks clean as mate good score, will look good with the ssv's on her.
I posted on your wagon thread mate, is that an originally colour cause they look very similar in colour. Mine has been resprayed
---------- Post added 12-03-13 at 14:20 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waughy
[View Post]
Looks very nice. I miss my 5L Calais that I sold last year due to lack of motivation and money (plus needing money), really wish I had kept it. For what they are the old 5L's are still fun to drive.
Hope the plans for this one pan out well.
Sound awesome too
0 likes
12-03-13, 16:03 GMT+10#10 Quote:
Originally Posted by priceysVL
[View Post]
Sound awesome too
Yes, I had genie headers, high flow cat and 2-1/2 inch cat back, sounded fantastic. I miss that V8 rumble, hoping to get close with the VZ Ls1 when funds allow but I know it won't sound quite as good as the old carby 5L.
0 likes
12-03-13, 21:38 GMT+10#11 Quote:
Originally Posted by Waughy
[View Post]
Yes, I had genie headers, high flow cat and 2-1/2 inch cat back, sounded fantastic. I miss that V8 rumble, hoping to get close with the VZ Ls1 when funds allow but I know it won't sound quite as good as the old carby 5L.
I do remember seeing your 5L for sale, would've loved to have purchased but only got my fulls a week before buying this. Love v8 Calais, class with grunt. Putting a Calais front on his has crossed my mind
0 likes
12-03-13, 21:48 GMT+10#12 Yeah I'm kicking myself for selling but it wouldn't be any different if I kept it, just don't have the money to throw at it. Last I heard the motor had been pulled for a rebuild and the new owner had started respraying it. Haven't heard anything got a few months now.
0 likes
12-03-13, 22:07 GMT+10#13 Well atleast it's being looked after by the new owner
0 likes
20-03-13, 18:30 GMT+10#14 On Friday, a few of the exterior blemishes will be getting touched up. A dodgy previous repaired rear wheel arch and a bit under the windscreen. Hopefully I can get the colour matched right.
Anyone have any ideas as to what the colour came from? As in what manufacturer? Or it may be a custom mix
0 likes
13-05-13, 20:58 GMT+10#15 looks tidy as, and v8...love it
you need to post some photos of the motor and interior!
0 likes
13-05-13, 23:09 GMT+10#16 Yeah will do mate, try to this weekend. Is also now sitting on ssvs.
Need to replace strut tops in the coming weeks aswell. And probably getting some plates for my 21st
0 likes
27-05-13, 20:53 GMT+10#17 Now for sale, pm if interested
0 likes
27-05-13, 21:34 GMT+10#18 why
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
27-05-13, 21:43 GMT+10#19 Quote:
Originally Posted by priceysVL
[View Post]
Now for sale, pm if interested
did you find a wagon?
0 likes
27-05-13, 21:43 GMT+10#20 Wagooon... On the way bigm
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes